Brethren in L.A.

Hi all,

Anyone here a member of a Lodge in the LA area? I will be in LA from next month until early January and wondered if anyone had recommendations for a Lodge that I could visit, or indeed if any Lodges were still meeting over that time period.

Any help appreciated.

Hi there, it would probably be best if you use the proper Masonic protocol for foreign visiting.

If you write to your Grand Secretary advising him of when and where you will be travelling he will be able to smooth your path for you including giving you contact information to be used once you're in LA and a letter of introduction for presentation at Lodge meetings.

Alternatively you are allowed to make contact direct with the Grand Lodge of California once you are physically within its jurisdiction.

dajofa

I cannot speak for any other jurisdictions, but, the Grand Lodge of New York no longer issues individual Letters of Introduction, unless you are in the Grand Line. What they do issue is what is called a Masonic Passport. A generic letter stating that you are a 3rd Degree Mason as long as the passport is presented with a valid dues card. It is up to you to present yourself.

Fraternal Regards
Dave

dajofa

Also - See "Visiting Foreign Lodges" pinned in the beginning of this forum page! Some interesting insight in that thread!

Dave