Building Boaz Book Challenge

This has got to be the best thread ever!!!! As Mason's we should always remember the three Degrees. The EA is our foundation.

I've been a lurker on this thread, but when he reaches "Building Athens" look out!

Good stuff Coach!
Hey Johnny Newboots;):p..... check out some older threads.... we have had a few other really good ones. But yes this is top notch thread.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Lose of focus, depending on the addiction, you can lose health, family, and your life.
Masonically speaking: Lose of light and the darkness overcomes.
Yup. How about profession, business, customers, clients, patients, friends, associates, finances, reputation, relationships?

FF Sparky

What are the general costs of Vices & Superfluities?
It will cost you health physically, mentally and spiritually, broken home, stresses in life and work, friends, family, good credit and loss of the angles, horizantals and perpendicalurs we are working to perfect.

FF Sparky

Basically the 7 deadly sins, also called the Cardinal Sins or Capital Vices

1. Pride=excessive belief in ones ability
2. Envy=excessive desire of others traits, status, ability or situation
3. Gluttony= excessive consumption of more than ones capacity
4. Lust= excessive craving for another person
5. Anger= excessive wrath
6. Greed= excessive desire for wealth
7. Sloth= avoidance for physical or spiritual work

CoachN

Builder Builder
Basically the 7 deadly sins, also called the Cardinal Sins or Capital Vices

1. Pride=excessive belief in ones ability
2. Envy=excessive desire of others traits, status, ability or situation
3. Gluttony= excessive consumption of more than ones capacity
4. Lust= excessive craving for another person
5. Anger= excessive wrath
6. Greed= excessive desire for wealth
7. Sloth= avoidance for physical or spiritual work
Are there others that made the list at one time or another?

FF Sparky

I think we can include habitual lying, swearing, uncaring for one self/others/ or world around him(acedia).

Now I also think the opposite of the 7 deadly sins can be excessive and harmful too

CoachN

Builder Builder
I think we can include habitual lying, swearing, uncaring for one self/others/ or world around him(acedia).

Now I also think the opposite of the 7 deadly sins can be excessive and harmful too
So, you are saying that there exists applications of virtue that are unnecessarily excessive and harmful.

FF Sparky

So, you are saying that there exists applications of virtue that are unnecessarily excessive and harmful.
To the extreme? Yes. We are not chipping the Ashlar to make gravel, we are chipping away to make a perfect block. One may not chip enough making the stone useless, one could possible chip to much and make the stone useless.

FF Sparky

Ones time can be a superfluity....To much time at something could be a burden. granted this falls under the 24 inch gauge and not for threshing, but to me lately it has been a superfluity.

CoachN

Builder Builder
Question 21 What four biblical characters had significant events occur for them upon the Mountain chain where lore says our first Masonic Temple resided?