Can an EA watch an EA rehearsal? *NEED QUICK REPLY*

devlin

Laus Deo
We use EA's as candidates for our EA degree practices , we get to practice with a live candidate and they get to see things more...ummmm... clearly if you get my meaning . They even have the chance to ask questions themselves .

So it IS strange that they would not allow it , unless they are like us in that we sometimes get into conversations concerning the other degrees . This makes it awkward for us , so we wait until we are done with the EA practice and then send them on their merry way .

And I agree with Gary , ask why . I know I would want the answer to that question myself .
Hey, that's great your lodge uses the EA's to do EA rehearsals... I think I will suggest out lodge does that when possible. It is confusing especially to those of us new officers that have roles in the degrees and have to practice with invisible candidates.. makes it a bit harder to get spacing, timing and placement right.

Always gleen another ray of light every time I come and read these forums!

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Hey, that's great your lodge uses the EA's to do EA rehearsals... I think I will suggest out lodge does that when possible. It is confusing especially to those of us new officers that have roles in the degrees and have to practice with invisible candidates.. makes it a bit harder to get spacing, timing and placement right.

Always gleen another ray of light every time I come and read these forums!
I like to suggest that a candidate be represented in every practice, for the listed reasons: spacing, timing, and placement. To make the timing even better, I tell the brother acting as candidate to close his eyes?
It's easy to forget how the SD has to virtually drag the candidate, as he is unsure of the journey!

S&F

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I like to suggest that a candidate be represented in every practice, for the listed reasons: spacing, timing, and placement. To make the timing even better, I tell the brother acting as candidate to close his eyes?
It's easy to forget how the SD has to virtually drag the candidate, as he is unsure of the journey!

S&F
Good points Brother Bob.