car crash

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Brethren, please include my wife, Sandi, in your devotions to Deity.
Wednesday morning, 12/26/12, following GPS directions to a patient's home for a Home Health Care visit, she missed seeing a work truck and turned left in the rain in front of it.
Fractured right humeral head
Fractured right 1st and 2nd lumbar transverse processes
Fractured right 10th rib, in back
Fractured left knee
Lacerated liver
(thank God for her seat belt abrasions!)

She had an exploratory laparoscopic procedure Wednesday, nothing major found.
Looks like she'll have a partial arthroplasty (the ball of the shoulder replaced) Monday morning.
She was up in a chair for the first time today, and tonight I get to sleep at home, not just dash an hour back to feed/medicate the cats.
She's gonna hurt for a good while, but will get over it.

S&F

MWS

Sorry for the news Brother. Thoughts and prayers sent. Please keep us posted on her recovery.

jaya

Wow......I am glad that she will be better. That could have been a lot worse. Prayers are sent for her for sure.

Wallens05

Master Mason
I'm sorry to hear that brother hopes and prayers she makes a speedy recovery please keep us up to date on her and how she's doing.

Steven

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Sandi had the ball of her right shoulder joint replaced this morning and now everything seems to be calming down. She's been back in the room for a couple of hours and she's taking fluids and food by mouth. Her IV got painful, so the nurse took it out. Trauma team was OK with that, but ortho raised....well you know what I mean. SandI is raising Cain, too, so life is returning to normal. whew!
Next up, Rehab.
Thanks for all the prayers.

S&F

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Sandi had the ball of her right shoulder joint replaced this morning and now everything seems to be calming down. She's been back in the room for a couple of hours and she's taking fluids and food by mouth. Her IV got painful, so the nurse took it out. Trauma team was OK with that, but ortho raised....well you know what I mean. SandI is raising Cain, too, so life is returning to normal. whew!
Next up, Rehab.
Thanks for all the prayers.

S&F
Great news Brother!