cell phone reception

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Maybe someone more tech savvy than I can answer this . My iPhone has not been getting good reception in my house the last couple of days . I go from MAYBE 2 bars to none , I have been dropping calls and/or others have been having trouble hearing me when before I had no problems what so ever ! I thought it may be cell tower problems again (had trouble with them last year in my area) But my wife (and my sister in law when she was over) both have the very same phone as I and the very same provider and they are getting 3 to 5 bars .

The only difference is that I removed my Otter Box cover because it was to bulky and was a pain taking it in and out of my pocket .

Do you think the internal antenna is bad ? I WAS reading that a cover helps with reception because it keeps your hand from blocking (or covering) the internal antenna so maybe I need to buy me a cheap slimmer cover .

The wife has insisted that I start carrying my phone everywhere I go due to my health issues , as much as I hate carrying that dang thing around !!!!

edwmax

Check the settings to verify Home/roam settings; and correct network ID. You may just need to do a Master reset. ... Call your tech support, they should be able to help and verify you are hitting the closest tower. ... You could step though the settings on your wife's phone and set yours to match.

If this fails, ask you provider for a new phone.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Put my Otter Box cover back on and it is back to normal . Wow , these Otter Box covers ARE good !

J/K . I had my phone checked out by my provider and all the settings are as they should be . By The way I hold my phone , he said , I was covering up the internal antenna (lower left corner) with my hand .

from some reading on the ol' internet this has been a problem with the iPhone 4 . That's what I get for opting for the free iPhone instead of buying the latest version .