Chapter & Council

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Huh , that would not fly around here as that degree is specifically for Masters and Past Masters , as they put in the work and took it upon themselves to work their way through the chairs . Wardens are allowed to attend the meetings of our Past Master clubs but they are not allowed to see the work of the Past Master degree . Different strokes I guess .

But we also take an obligation in our YR's VPM degree . It is not called the "Virtual" Past Master degree in our York Rite Body either , but that is what it is (in my YR body).

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I am now curious , do any other jurisdictions allow any Master Mason to go through the full form Past Master degree ?

If you are not in the YR or an incoming WM.....you can not go through the degree....it isnt available if you arent one of the two mentioned....

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Interesting . I honestly did not know some YR jurisdictions used the true full form Past Master degree . Learn something new every day .

As much as we are a like..... we do have some differences. While I am not very well traveled in my first year in masonry, I have learned each jurisdiction does things a bit different than what I have seen......

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I have traveled a lot in Blue Lodge but never in the YR (well , never out of state) . I may have to cross the river and check out Ohio's YR work .

I have one more degree to go before I can even attend my own Chapter..... but they go dark right after I get my last degree in the RA.......I still want to come down and see a MM in KY......

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We will be going dark in July and August .

We may be putting a MM degree on in a couple of months (hopefully) .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I am now curious , do any other jurisdictions allow any Master Mason to go through the full form Past Master degree ?
NC (AF&AM) does not have the Past Masters Degree, but I believe my PHA Brethren (MWPHGLofNC) have the degree for new WMs.
Can Karl Young or another Masonic Brotherhood member comment?

S&F

Bob Franks

I have one more degree to go before I can even attend my own Chapter..... but they go dark right after I get my last degree in the RA.......I still want to come down and see a MM in KY......
Oh, that will be a TREAT!
It won't be like Ohio!

S&F

Bob Franks

I'll be back in the States, but in Idaho. I will be moving to the East Coast (hopefully NC) so maybe the time after that. :D
Can't go wrong with NC . I love that state and should have never moved away when I left the Corps .
Here! Here!
I'm in Goldsboro, about 45 miles southeast of Raleigh, on US 70.
I'd love to see you in lodge someday; in fact, we're conferring the Master Masons Degree tonight.

S&F

Terry S

Tomorrow i'll finally be going through the Commandery degrees. Almost a full year after completing Chapter and Council (really just 10 months), theres a festival this weekend thats close enough for me to attend.

Im really excited about it.

Terry S

Had my first Commander meeting as a knight last night. I enjoyed it very much, but i was expecting a lot more. Hopefully this isnt saying too much, but it almost just seemed like a glorified lodge meeting.

At our next meeting we are installing officers for the next year. That should be interesting.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Had my first Commander meeting as a knight last night. I enjoyed it very much, but i was expecting a lot more. Hopefully this isnt saying too much, but it almost just seemed like a glorified lodge meeting.

At our next meeting we are installing officers for the next year. That should be interesting.
Welcome to the Rites! Just like the Blue Lodge only more of it!! Yes, there's more light available, but you're gonna have to dig to get it!