charitable deeds

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
two schools of thought on that, 1. The public should know it was the masonic body that did the good deed (to help promote our fraternity) on the other 2. there is no need for the mason / masonic lodge to claim the good deed, as it should not be for the recognition that the deed is done.

PM#232

ncjwr

without applying to masons...i think charitable acts should be done just for the purpose of kindness.

i also think it's perfectly fine for an organization to sponser a charity. do masonic lodges do this? i know i don't hear about it often...but, i know they do it.

pingpong abyss

In general, I agree that charity should be done just for the result, not the exposure. There are some cases where making it public helps raise awareness, in which case it would be fine. As for helping the masonic order, I think that people will have their opinions no matter what you do.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
without applying to masons...i think charitable acts should be done just for the purpose of kindness.

i also think it's perfectly fine for an organization to sponser a charity. do masonic lodges do this? i know i don't hear about it often...but, i know they do it.
I couldn't agree more .

Blackbird909

I feel that charitible works, whether secretive or public, just need to be done. If it sheds positive light on our journey and makes more men want to do the same, great!