CHILDERS: Time for Masons to come out of the 17th century

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Many years ago my husband became a Mason. So here I was, a wife of a Mason not knowing anything about these men or the organization they represented. Over the years I got to know many and found them to be men of honor who love God and country. Respectful caring men with a great sense of purpose, that of helping children in need.

When the unthinkable happened and my family was involved in an automobile accident that left my grandson, Austin, paralyzed at age 7, we became the recipients of that caring help. Masons were there for many, many weeks doing anything they could to make the worst time in our lives a little more bearable. Everything from mowing our grass to fundraising to wheelchair purchasing; nothing was too much.

I watched in awe at their eagerness to help and the joy it gave them to be able to do so. We will forever be grateful to them. So the answer to who are the Masons would be “true men of valor” for me and I was proud to be the wife of one of their own.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/06/18/3154649/childers-time-for-masons-to-come.html?sp=/99/203/#storylink=cpy