Coffee machines

Jacobson

We live in an area of very hard water and I have lost count of the number of coffee machines we have gone through. It takes so long to descale the things when they fur up. Our latest isn't very old but it's needing it's second descaling already. I always know because it takes ages to brew. I think I'll go back to the good old cafetiere!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We have hard water also . It mucks up my aquarium equipment and my coffee makers . I use white vinager to clean them both because it is natural . I run pure white vinager through my coffee maker a few times then clean water a few times .

emarsh

I've got a Cuisinart coffee maker that has held up well for several years even with our hard Texas water.

Jacobson

Well I've given it a good clean with a product made in Australia that claims to be a natural, non toxic descaler using natural citrus ingredients and we are using it again. It really does make a good cup of coffee and it's more convenient. Does white vinegar really do the job? I may just try that next time.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Yeah , it does the job . I have never used any descaler products so I really have nothing to compare it too though .