Collections

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Oh no , not what they were worth . But to a teenager it was a lot of money . They were listed and priced. Mother's idea to insure them .
Thank goodness for a mom's smart ideas.

A rancher in the county I used to live in had a museum quality collection of about 80 Winchester rifles. Some one broke into his house and took all of them. He didn't have them insured -- he didn't think anybody would steal them:confused:. They suspected his kid but they couldn't prove anything.

DavisB

A rancher in the county I used to live in had a museum quality collection of about 80 Winchester rifles. Some one broke into his house and took all of them. He didn't have them insured -- he didn't think anybody would steal them:confused:. They suspected his kid but they couldn't prove anything.
That is very unfortunate. I inherited an 1866 Winchester Rifle from my Grandfather which has been in my family sense it was bought new and I would be quite upset if someone stole it.

i just started to get back into collecting sports card (mostly baseball, along with other sports). started collecting sports cards when i was younger.
also have a good start on collecting farm toy tractors. more particularly 1/64 scale john deere farm equipment. eventually, i'd like to have a set-up of a model farm.

jonesvilletexas

MWSA Secretary
I did not see your post when I posted the one on USA Stamps, sorry.

I have been collecting New USA Stamps for about 20 years, although I have not worked on it in the last 10 years. I would like to get started back on it now that I cannot work. I collect only new never hanged stamps. Would like to get into more of the Masonic first day covers.