Craft Masonry

Ogmore10

Hello,
I have a book called "The Perfect Ceremonies of Craft Masonry" Copyright 1954. When my ex husband was becoming a Mason this book was sent from the UK by a friend of my Mother. I am downsizing and don't feel that this is a "yard sale" item. Is there a place where this book would be sent or donated or something? I have called several of the local Lodges but they never seem to answer the phones or return my calls.
Thank you

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Ogmore10,
I would suggest that you attempt to contact the Grand Lodge of your respective state. If the local lodges were unable to return your calls, you may want to attempt Grand Lodge, often times they have established libraries. If you receive no response from Grand Lodge, or local sub-ordinate lodges, I would also suggest donating the book to a local library. Any literature concerning free-masonry is great to provide to the public.
Good luck on your quest, and thank you for not destroying the literature.

mollyL

That brings up a point I wanted to ask about Masonic jewely. I see little pins quite often for sale at antique and jumble stores; once or twice I have seen rings at the same venues and at estate sales. I don't know your feelings about your jewelry being sold to non-Masons or being in a shop. Should I call the local Lodge,as stated in your last reply?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Pawn shops are full of Masonic rings . Brothers hit on hard times and have to pawn them or they die and the family pawns them . My wife is always bringing home masonic lapel pins and tie tacks she finds in junk and antique stores . I wouldn't bother contacting any lodges , their just pins . If you know any Masons , you could let them know . Many Masons collect pins like I do .

cemab4y

Masonic jewelry

When a mason moves on to the celestial lodge, the widow is usually just glad to get the old jewelry out of the house. The Scottish Rite in Oklahoma has a wonderful program. Individuals can donate masonic jewelry, and the Scottish Rite finds a buyer, then sells the item, and uses the proceeds for a donation to masonic charities. I think every Grand lodge could have such a program.

There is some terrific used masonic jewelry for sale on Ebay.

ninikins

The jewellery is such a big part of who the deceased person was I don't think I'd be able to get rid of it.

mollyL

When a mason moves on to the celestial lodge, the widow is usually just glad to get the old jewelry out of the house. The Scottish Rite in Oklahoma has a wonderful program. Individuals can donate masonic jewelry, and the Scottish Rite finds a buyer, then sells the item, and uses the proceeds for a donation to masonic charities. I think every Grand lodge could have such a program.

There is some terrific used masonic jewelry for sale on Ebay.
That is a beautiful expression, "Moves on to the celestial lodge"; that's so very poetic.