EA Topic Delivered the EA Charge.....

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
I had the honor and I truly believe that it was an honor, of delivering the EA Charge for the first time last Wednesday night. There were two things I really enjoyed about doing it:

1) I remembered and reinforced, to myself, the importance of what was said in the Charge.

2) Truly welcoming a new Brother to our fraternity. I think this was my favorite part!

I realized that memorizing this was important, even if I wasn't delivering the charge, just for my own benefit. (FC and MM are next.)

QUESTION: How many of you remember the importance of what was said in the EA Charge? How many try to live it to the best of your abilities?

OK, I realize I sound like one of Coach's Facebook posts, but that ain't a bad thing, he makes me think everyday!! Consider some discussion stirred up- I hope!

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I haven't delivered any of the charges but being on the receiving side of several is always a moving experience. Congratulations. A well delivered charge can be as important as the degree lectures.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I had the honor and I truly believe that it was an honor, of delivering the EA Charge for the first time last Wednesday night. There were two things I really enjoyed about doing it:

1) I remembered and reinforced, to myself, the importance of what was said in the Charge.

2) Truly welcoming a new Brother to our fraternity. I think this was my favorite part!

I realized that memorizing this was important, even if I wasn't delivering the charge, just for my own benefit. (FC and MM are next.)

QUESTION: How many of you remember the importance of what was said in the EA Charge? How many try to live it to the best of your abilities?

OK, I realize I sound like one of Coach's Facebook posts, but that ain't a bad thing, he makes me think everyday!! Consider some discussion stirred up- I hope!
My most meaningful part is [ritual of AF&AM of NC] "Your frequent appearance at our regular meetings is earnestly solicited, but it is not meant that Masonry should interfere with your other duties, as these are, on no account to be neglected."
...Reminding us of the length of the Cabletow.

I'd like to find a replacement as District Deputy Grand Lecturer, but the only Certified Lecturer in my district who's not served in this office lost his daughter suddenly a few years ago and looks after his grandchildren while his son-in-law has work responsibilities. He tried to apologize for not accepting a nomination for DDGL. I brushed it aside and said, "Brother, you are doing just what you need to do!"

S&F

devlin

Laus Deo

Congratulations for actually doing it! It is a goal of mine to get it down and be able to deliver it myself. If all goes as hoped I will have it down in time for the next EA since the brother that is coming through is not just someone I know and signed for but is the first petition I've signed. I take putting my signature on that form very seriously.

Bill_F

Congratulations Bob. After I gave back my MM catechism, I thought the natural next step would be to learn the EA lecture. But it was a little too much for me right now, so I also started learning the EA charge. Must feel great standing up there delivering it!!

2SONDAD

It does. I was planning on joining the line, but changed my mind, as I want to spend more time with my boys. Delivering the lecture allows me to contribute without a huge time commitment. I want to do more, and I will, when my sons are a bit older.

I'm 1/2 way through learning the FC charge now. I want to be able to do it for the next FC degree.

I love the first............Its the start and foundation of building our inter-monsonic tempel. We cant forget where we come from no matter how far we go, we still meet on a level. Im going to read it in a little bit. Nice word..... and congrats

2SONDAD

I love the first............Its the start and foundation of building our inter-monsonic tempel. We cant forget where we come from no matter how far we go, we still meet on a level. Im going to read it in a little bit. Nice word..... and congrats
I agree and thanks. I'm proud to say that I have the FC down now and I'm waiting for the next opportunity to deliver it, probably next month.