DeMolay saved my life.

Robert Birtch

DeMolay/Freemason
I'm glad I'm a member of this youth group. I'm certain that if I hadn't joined, I might have ended up going down a dark and twisted path. I have only 2 sisters, but when I joined DeMolay, I found brothers for the first time in my life, you can understand how that feels, right? The closest thing I can liken it to is like an atheist finding God. I owe my life to DeMolay, and I thank my mom for forcing me to join, although she really didn't need to, I was intrigued the moment I first head about Demolay and what it does. I owe my life to DeMolay, and I'm glad to give it.

brucekp

DeMolay was very important to me in my youth. I wasn’t in danger of falling in with the wrong crowd, but it did work to make a young man better. I’m just sorry that with so many chapters that have closed over the years, that this opportunity is not available to many young men of today.

JustinElliott

Junior Deacon
I was one of the unlucky ones I guess. I didn't join DeMolay until I was 20 though my older brother was a PMC and a very decorated member of the chapter I am now a part of. If i could change anything in the past, I would have joined DeMolay much earlier. For i had to grow into my own person sort of alone. But i think in some ways i had to. Now I know what it feels like not having anyone to really turn to. now I can help others find the brotherhood I have now found in DeMolay.

G

Gary

My Lodge is considering starting a chapter possibly next year. When I became a Mason, my thirteen year old son was disappointed that there were no DeMolay in the area.

He is excited at the potential, and your comments and shared experiences here have really encouraged him to want to join even more!

Robert Birtch

DeMolay/Freemason
DeMolay is the premier youth fraternity for young men, and I believe it, seeing as how Boy Scouts didn't appear until the mid-30's, I believe. Ohio DeMolay is only perhaps a couple hundred members away from positive growth over last year's numbers.

brother Birtch.....i could have joined the local skinheads or hooked up with the wanna be thug white boys but instead stood with demolay throughout it all and headed my lessons learned of Loyalty and Toleration and now i am glad to say i am a SENOIR DeMOLAY first and foremost after you call me a man i am a senoir demolay then everything else you wish to know is just icing on the cake.....just look below to see where it got me

Winter

I've been here before
I never heard about DeMolay until I became a Mason, but it was another outstanding youth program that I give credit for much of my success in life. the USAF Auxiliary, Civil Air Patrol. It was a tough program and incredibly rewarding. I rejoined as an adult after I got out of the military and was sad to see that it had become so watered down.

Does DeMolay require a connection like a relative who is a Mason? I've never belonged to a Lodge with a DeMolay chapter.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
I never heard about DeMolay until I became a Mason, but it was another outstanding youth program that I give credit for much of my success in life. the USAF Auxiliary, Civil Air Patrol. It was a tough program and incredibly rewarding. I rejoined as an adult after I got out of the military and was sad to see that it had become so watered down.

Does DeMolay require a connection like a relative who is a Mason? I've never belonged to a Lodge with a DeMolay chapter.
I had heard of it before by a close friend but never asked as to what it was. After I joined I found out that members of my Lodge were my friends' Dads.

No you don't have to have a relation. OES and Jobies, yes. A far as it has come to my knowledge.

johnj1582

that's correct. there's no requirement of relation to a MM to be a DeMolay. just that a young man be between the ages of 12 and 21, and of good character.

I loved my time in DeMolay. I didn't join until I was 19, but I dove in and got to work. Now, I can say I'm a PMC, and an undefeated state and national Flower Talk Champion. It was a great way to learn leadership skills and public speaking, and it boosted my self confidence to be able to speak to a large group of my peers.

About Scouting, BSA was founded in 1910, but Baden Powell was doing the early work well before that across the pond. They are both good organizations. There's a little overlap, but I think they are different enough that it makes good sense to do both. I was actually a Scout first. The DeMolay who handed me a petition was in my Troop. I waited to join DeMolay until I became an Eagle Scout.