Differences

Blaizze

Semper Fortis
I haven't been on the forums here in quite some time now, and thought I would hop back on and start a thread. I was wondering about the different "sects(?)" of Masonry. I have heard that there are different types of Masons, and I was wondering what these differences are (structure of the lodge, purpose, etc). I was also wondering which one is considered "true" Masonry, if such a thing exists. I am not sure how clear my question is, but I am hoping I at least go my point across.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
There are many different obediences' of Freemasonry , some lean more to the esoteric than others , they all use many different rituals . There is subtle and not so subtle differences between each group and how they practice but in the end they all aim for the same goal and I am not one to point out that the others we do not recognize as wrong , it is a waste of energy . Many will say that Mainstream is the true Freemasonry , and some will say that co-Masonry is true Freemasonry , and some will say that all female Masonry practices true Freemasonry . As long as they are living up to the tenets of Freemasonry , practicing brotherly love , relief and truth and being a kind and giving person then they are all living up to true Freemasonry no matter what obedience they are a member .