Do you use those reusable grocery bags when you shop?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
The ones that cost around a dollar? Do you prefer them over the regular bags?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
When we remember to bring them with us we do . We do recycle the plastic bags if we have to use them though .

I do perfer to use them over plastic, the do not tear or break open .

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
The plastic bag makes a great toy for my toddler.... JUST KIDDING!!!!!! We use the recyclable bags... when we remember. Paper gets recycled into packaging for books in the mail and for burnables in the garage. Plastic is used in the bathrooms for trash, so everything gets used at least twice.

Derric

I use the storebrand cloth bags. I have a bag for every grocery store I shop at....Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, & The Farmer's Market.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Well I just picked up a few. Mostly because I didn't want to carry out the items in plastic bags. I haven't had much luck with them, and didn't want to put them in a cart for only 3 bags. Now I just need to remember to bring them.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Recyclable grocery bags

Is it a policy of stores to use their own bags first?
I asked that at my local Wally-World and they deny it, but every week, I see the cashier dig to the bottom, past the Red Cross bags, the blood pressure advertising bags, the Harris Teeter bag (we don't even have one in our town!)
For the last two weeks, I put the W-M bags on the bottom...

S&F

G

Gary

I like the reusable bags. I have several. They hold more than the plastic ones, and if I wind up forgetting to bring them, I recycle the plastic bags.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Is it a policy of stores to use their own bags first?
I asked that at my local Wally-World and they deny it, but every week, I see the cashier dig to the bottom, past the Red Cross bags, the blood pressure advertising bags, the Harris Teeter bag (we don't even have one in our town!)
For the last two weeks, I put the W-M bags on the bottom...

S&F
I just had them a pile, although I do not shop at wal mart. They just use whatever they grab. I see not reason to use a store brand first.