Do you wear shoes in your home?

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I do not wear shoes in my house, nor my parents house. I only have one friend that requires guests to remove their shoes. I would go barefoot in other peoples houses, but I feel weird about it, so I leave them on. But I personally hate wearing shoes.

What are your policies or thoughts on it?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I do not wear shoes in my house, nor my parents house. I only have one friend that requires guests to remove their shoes. I would go barefoot in other peoples houses, but I feel weird about it, so I leave them on. But I personally hate wearing shoes.

What are your policies or thoughts on it?
I too hate wearing shoes . If I need to wear foot wear , I wear flip flops , that is not when I have to dress up . Maybe it's the hillbilly in me but I like to feel the grass beneath my feet and an even greater pleasure , when at the beach, the sand between my toes .

But I do not wear shoes in the house either .

jimzdat

I tend to wear shoes pretty much all the time; but if I go to someone's home and they ask for shoes to be removed, no problem.
But mine is more for medical reasons - as a diabetic, I need to always be on the alert for potential injury to the extremities. Even though I have very good control of my disease, I don't want to take any chances!

kcraig1011

32° Scottish Rite
I did not wear shoes in my house until I got my Siberian Husky pup who loves to leave puddles and piles in the most unexpected places. After the first five times of soaking my socks in dog urine, I decided to keep a pair of slip ons around. She is doing pretty well with the housebreaking, but still likes to surprise us once or twice a week. I think she enjoys watching us clean her mess. Anyway, I am excited for the day when I can not wear shoes past the entrances again.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I did not wear shoes in my house until I got my Siberian Husky pup who loves to leave puddles and piles in the most unexpected places. After the first five times of soaking my socks in dog urine, I decided to keep a pair of slip ons around. She is doing pretty well with the housebreaking, but still likes to surprise us once or twice a week. I think she enjoys watching us clean her mess. Anyway, I am excited for the day when I can not wear shoes past the entrances again.
They love those surprises ! They're even better to find first thing in the morning before that first cup of coffee .

kcraig1011

32° Scottish Rite
If coffee is the first thing I smell in the morning, then that is a great day for me. And yet, I really want a second puppy to keep my first pain-in-the-butt occupied so she is not constantly bugging me. To me, two separate instances of puddles and piles will be worth the 5 minute cleanup for an hour or so of not having to endure "playful biting", as the wife calls it.