Dolphins bubble rings

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I haven't watched that , but I have watched other specials on dolphins . I watched one show on animal planet about the dolphins that the Navy trains to search for mines andone were dolphins can detect cancer in the bodies of humans . Truly amazing animals and extremely smart .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Yeah I've heard the Navy has used them for things before. I've seen a few at the beach, but its really rare. I've even heard stories of them protecting divers from sharks.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I've heard that also . I have some great pictures of dolphins swimming up the coast from when I was at the Outer Banks , NC. I always go out to watch the sun rise and that's when you see them , before the swimmers start playing in the ocean .

mollyL

I know that this is anecdotal, but I’ve been told that there are instances where dolphins have been known to save a person from drowning by pushing them to the surface so they can breathe (and remember, dolphins are mammals so they breathe air like we do). Have you ever heard that?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I've never heard of them saving drowning swimmers but I have read about them saving them from sharks . But , I guess if they save them from sharks then I'm sure they wouldn't be above saving a drowning swimmer .

Dolphins are amazing . Here's a news article you may find interesting .Dolphins Save Swimmers From Shark

mollyL

Dolphins are indeed intelligent, and the awareness in their eyes really amazes me. Anyone who has read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy knows the part that dolphins play in the story.:D