DVD Player or BlU RAY?

johnny

My DVD player decided to stop working last night. This is a problem as the fact that we do not subscribe to t.v. so we only watch movies. I was wondering if I should just invest in a blu-ray player for updating sake or just buy a regular DVD player.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Well the Blu Ray will play regular DVDs, but it will cost more. I would if you could afford it. Just because I find more movies on netflix available in blu ray, so it would seem the market is growing for it.

Sammy

I would have to say Blu-ray. I did not think their was going to be that big of a difference between them until I bought mine! I just think the quality is so much better.

JohnnyZ

Blu-ray, I think soon regular DVD's will become obsolete, just like VHS tapes. You have to keep up with new technology or be left behind. If I had to buy a new DVD player right now I would go with Blu-Ray.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Blu-ray, I think soon regular DVD's will become obsolete, just like VHS tapes. You have to keep up with new technology or be left behind. If I had to buy a new DVD player right now I would go with Blu-Ray.
And this is what makes me mad . I switched my horror movie collection over from VHS to DVD , now they are going to do away with DVDs' . Blu-Rays' are way to far overpriced for me . I am not that big in having to see ever little detail on the screen or having perfect clarity . I just want to be entertained for a and hour or two and not have to pay a fortune for it .

Last time I went shopping for a DVD player at Best Buy , the sales person was showing me a side by side comparison of a dvd and blu-ray , he said "look at that , you can even see the individual rocks and gravel on the ground with the blu-ray that you can not see with the dvd " and I looked at him unimpressed and picked up two dvd players that were still cheaper than one blu-ray player .

G

Gary

The upside to the Blue-ray is that it enhances the quality of regular DVD's too. If you don't have a HD television, you'll be wasting your money though.

Alex44

Since blu-ray players will play regular dvds, go for the blu-ray. I'm actually seeing that the prices are actually coming down for both the players and the movies themselves.

Starlight

I think that at the rate we are going DVDs will be obsolete. I stopped buying DVDs last year. I got Netflix, and I can see all the series I wanted and more. I am loving it so much. As others have said, if you could afford it, go for Blu-Ray for quality sake.

tHanks

6 nicknames, guess which.
What about a way to watch shows online? I know some people still do that right? I never have myself, not really the type to spend too much time in front of the computer but if its possible why not?