E.A from South Australia!

WPF-SA

G'Day all
Very fortunate to have stumbled across this wonderful forum. I noticed a large American presence, I hope you don't mind an Australian brother joining the band wagon?

My name is Will. I'm an E.A from Sir Samuel Way lodge .#48 in Adelaide, South Australia. My initiation was in April 2012. Thoroughly enjoying my time with the brothers of Sir Samuel Way, they're a great bunch of guys. Very welcoming of a younger fellow like myself (only 21yo). I've much to learn, but am eager to study. I'll introduce myself a little further:
I'm currently studying a bachelors degree at University. I'm studying a degree in Commerce with a Major in Accounting and a Minor in small business financial management. I'm in the final stages of my three year degree, with only 6 months (one semester) left to go. I have hopes of joining the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia (ICAA) similar to the AICPA. I hope to learn more from the forum and make some long lasting friendships.

Hope I've posted this in the right place, and that an Australian brother is welcome.
Thanks all,

Will

Winter

I've been here before
Welcome Brother. (Need to check to make sure our GL's are in amity) ;)

We don't mind you being here if you don't mind if we pester you with questions about Freemasonry in Australia so we can learn how things are done on the other side of the planet. Even though you are new to the Craft it will give us both a chance to learn as you go looking for answers to our questions!

Glad to have you aboard! Bob's your uncle.

WPF-SA

Welcome Brother. (Need to check to make sure our GL's are in amity) ;)

We don't mind you being here if you don't mind if we pester you with questions about Freemasonry in Australia so we can learn how things are done on the other side of the planet. Even though you are new to the Craft it will give us both a chance to learn as you go looking for answers to our questions!

Glad to have you aboard! Bob's your uncle.
Hi Winter.
I'm unsure of what amity means, I'm lead to believe friendship or something of the sought?
I am more then happy to share anything I can about my lodge, my state and how things are run down under! I'm only new, and I have much to learn but I am eager to help my brothers from across the globe. I was fortunate enough to attend my first initiation 2 months ago at a lodge in South Australia. Brilliant ceremony, excellent weather and the candidate was a top bloke. Are there many Australian brothers on the forum? I'm eager to attend a meeting in the United States when I am on holiday next year (around Feb) in Illinois. Is this possible? I've heard of brothers from my lodge attending ceremonies in London, Singapore and Hong Kong but never the United States. It would be an honour to meet some brothers from across the ditch :)

WPF-SA

Thank you all for the warm welcome. You've made me feel at home, much the way the my lodge did upon initiation. The craft is almost like a family in Australia, our brothers sincerely care for the well being of each other. I hope it's the same in the United States? Hope all is well guys.

Thanks
Will

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
Hi Winter.
I'm unsure of what amity means, I'm lead to believe friendship or something of the sought?
I am more then happy to share anything I can about my lodge, my state and how things are run down under! I'm only new, and I have much to learn but I am eager to help my brothers from across the globe. I was fortunate enough to attend my first initiation 2 months ago at a lodge in South Australia. Brilliant ceremony, excellent weather and the candidate was a top bloke. Are there many Australian brothers on the forum? I'm eager to attend a meeting in the United States when I am on holiday next year (around Feb) in Illinois. Is this possible? I've heard of brothers from my lodge attending ceremonies in London, Singapore and Hong Kong but never the United States. It would be an honour to meet some brothers from across the ditch :)
Yes, and it refers back to what Winter said. If your GL and the GL of Illinois have mutual recognition and visitation then it would be no problem.

WPF-SA

Yes, and it refers back to what Winter said. If your GL and the GL of Illinois have mutual recognition and visitation then it would be no problem.
Excellent. I'll have to make some enquiries next week. Thank you for your help BukeyeJackson. Greatly appreciated mate!

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
WISCONSIN LIST OF RECOGNIZED GRAND LODGES (Jurisdictions with Websites are Hot-linked)
Australia – New South Wales Australia – Queensland
Australia – South Australia
Australia – Tasmania
Australia – Victoria
Australia – Western Australia
http://www.wisc-freemasonry.org/?s=recognition

Looks like Bro. Winter, Bro. Patrick, and I are good to go. :cool:

WPF-SA

WISCONSIN LIST OF RECOGNIZED GRAND LODGES (Jurisdictions with Websites are Hot-linked)
Australia – New South Wales Australia – Queensland
Australia – South Australia
Australia – Tasmania
Australia – Victoria
Australia – Western Australia
http://www.wisc-freemasonry.org/?s=recognition

Looks like Bro. Winter, Bro. Patrick, and I are good to go. :cool:
Thank you brother.
Australia - South Australia, that's my state :cool:. I might have to stop by on my travels around the US. Wisconsin looks like a beautiful state.

Winter

I've been here before
Bro. Will, Amity in the Masonic sense means that two jurisdictions recognize each other as Regular Masons and allows the right of visitation and mutual aid. Be careful (circumspection) when meeting men who claim to be Freemasons. Especially if from outside your jurisdiction. Your Grand Lodge should have either in paper format or on their web page a listing of Grand Jurisdictions that are recognized as Regular.

As Brother Duncan has stated, my jurisdiction lists your jurisdiction as Regular so we are all good! ;) And if Wisconsin recognizes S. Australia then it is a good bet that the rest of American Lodges probably do as well.

So come on over for a visit! (And don't be surprised when we come knocking on your door. Do you have doors? Just kidding!)

nevburt

Hey WPF-SA, Welcome! Being a young buck from a different country to the majority on this forum why not share what led you to the start of your Masonic journey.