Elected last night

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
My lodge elected me to become Master last night. I'm filled with conflicting emotions. The enormity of the responsibilities and the massive amount of Ritual to memorize have me shaking in my boots. The encouragement and support from every member has me wanting to turn cartwheels.

In the opinion of the DDGM, our lodge is the model that others in the district should aspire to. We have a full line with no past masters in the chairs. We have money in the bank and are paid up on all our bills. We initiated twenty one new members over the past two years. We are young, active and growing. In other words, the presiding Master has left me a lodge better than he found it. My hope is to follow his example for my successor.

I'll have to ask the DD why it is that I can't actually quit this job, I can only be fired by the Grand Master :)

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I stepped from the left hand of the WM in the East to the RH (SD). Hoping for election to JW.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Well, Lodge of Qualification is Saturday and the installation is in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Congratulations! I hope you are better prepared than I was.

What is a Lodge of Qualification? I've not heard of it in NC or in IN.

S&F

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
It's a meeting where I was tested on my readiness to assume the chair by the Past Masters of my lodge.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Hmmm....And what if the Past Masters disagree with the 2/3 majority, the Brethren who elected you to the East?
Is this like a little hazing by the Old Boys?

S&F

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Hmmm....And what if the Past Masters disagree with the 2/3 majority, the Brethren who elected you to the East?
Is this like a little hazing by the Old Boys?

S&F
The trials were nothing that any Master Mason couldn't get through if he could return proficiency. If I couldn't do what they had asked, I would not consider myself ready to assume the chair. When the presiding master (now immediate past master) joked that I may not be ready for this, I just said: "Four more years worshipful!" He said, "OK, you're ready."

Oh and by the way, the vote was unanimous.