Elections last night

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I tried to get somebody to run against me but failed. I'm Senior Warden (elect) now. Just one short year to the hot seat.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Railroaded into office?
No, but it just seems to be going very fast. I was Raised and became Senior Steward after a couple of months. Then the Junior Deacon had to step down, so I stepped up after six months in office. The next year I was appointed Senior Deacon. I was elected to be Junior Warden the next year and now Senior Warden. That means I will be sitting in the East in my fifth year as a Mason. It's kind of unnerving to think that I will be memorizing over 300,000 words of Ritual by the end of next June.

I'll have plenty of help and I know it can be done. I just can't read anything with more than two letters in each word for the next year ;)

trysquare

It still seems odd to me to hear people talking about "running" for the Warden's chairs. That's completely illegal in my home jurisdiction.
Good luck, the Brethren obviously see potential in you.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
It still seems odd to me to hear people talking about "running" for the Warden's chairs. That's completely illegal in my home jurisdiction.
Good luck, the Brethren obviously see potential in you.
I was joking. We have a nominating committee who puts forward a slate of candidates for each office (one for each office) Then, during the voting, floor nominations can be put forward by any brother present. Then we vote.

Nobody runs for anything although some of us are tempted to run away ;)

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Interesting. We go in blind, no nominations at all.
I think the idea is to make sure the potential officer wants the next job. The head of the Nominating Committee approached me and confirmed that I was willing to take on the Senior Warden position before I was nominated.