Employment Prayer

DarbyRides

Hey guys. I hope this is the correct forum for this. I would like to ask hose of you who pray to pray with me I am so we are all in one accord. I am unemployed and sort of floating in limbo. That is why I have been unable to pay my application fee etc. for my petition as well as other obvious financial problems. But this is not a request for finances.

The more I have prayed and meditated about where I am supposed to be I keep coming to the understanding of where I need to be career-wise and personally.

I am a former Air Force security policeman, as well as a former Missouri deputy sheriff patrolman, and municipal police officer. I have also previously challenged and passed the Texas P.O.S.T. certification exam but never went to work for any department there. Even though it has been a few years since I was on patrol, I find myself like a square peg in a round hole. I have been really good at anything else I have tried and excelled at all of it, yet despite that it always ends up falling apart on me. I am truly realizing that I need to pay attention to God and do my ministry and vocation in uniform. A law enforcement uniform is where I belong and unable to deny it any longer. Please all of you pray that the Lord opens up the pathways quickly for me to do what is necessary be it training or challenging the test here in CA to get my P.O.S.T. certification.

I am fine with any of you adding this to a prayer list or prayer group discussion.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
I could also use your prayers in this regard! Being unemployed at 57 is not easy. And because I was self-employed for so long, I have no unemployment benefits, either.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Been there (at 50) 57 now.
The form letters get depressing, don't keep them nor the emails.

Work as hard at getting your next job, as you did at your last job, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

You are not annoying until they tell you are.

Put your pride in a drawer and leave it there.

Starbucks is usually hiring @ $9-10 an hour, 20 hours a week with benefits.

I would add, check http://www.homedepot.com/careers, there are several stores down your way. (Use my name as a referral: Russ Witte-Dycus, Grafton 4919)

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Brothers,

The Rite of Destitution takes on a new meaning when faced with circumstances such as these. Remember that all of your Brothers stood in destitution, just as you did, and are bound by their Obligation to do what they can. If positions were reversed, you would do all you could for your Brother Mason with no thought of reward or debt. Bring it to your WM in private and see where it goes.

I believe this is the embodyment of all three of our most cherished ideals: Brotherly Love, Truth and Relief. Let your Brothers do what they are sworn to. Then accept their help graciously with the knowledge that it will soon be your turn to help an other Brother.

DarbyRides

Brothers,

The Rite of Destitution takes on a new meaning when faced with circumstances such as these. Remember that all of your Brothers stood in destitution, just as you did, and are bound by their Obligation to do what they can. If positions were reversed, you would do all you could for your Brother Mason with no thought of reward or debt. Bring it to your WM in private and see where it goes.

I believe this is the embodyment of all three of our most cherished ideals: Brotherly Love, Truth and Relief. Let your Brothers do what they are sworn to. Then accept their help graciously with the knowledge that it will soon be your turn to help an other Brother.
Update...I am finally working again. Thanks for your thoughts, and for the great advice.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Update...I am finally working again. Thanks for your thoughts, and for the great advice.
Excellent news, brother!

This economy has been devastating to so many people. Unemployment can do as much damage as physical illness, especially long-term. I heard a story on NPR that many people have been unemployed for over two years and anything over six months can cause serious psychological harm to a person.

I'm seeing the job market open up a bit in my area and field. There are several people in the company I work for now that are moving on to new jobs. I'm getting calls and emails from recruiters again, too.

I find my field, high tech, to be something of a leading indicator of employment. Although I've never made a serious study of it, it seems that jobs in high tech are the first to be cut on the downswings and the first to come back on the upswings. So if that's true, the rest of the job market doesn't have long to wait.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
That's great, Brother!

I have read some disturbing stuff in the papers about some employers are not wanting to hire anyone not working! They think that anyone who has been unemployed for any length of time must be a deadbeat.
I think that is a disgusting attitude.

S&F

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
That's great, Brother!

I have read some disturbing stuff in the papers about some employers are not wanting to hire anyone not working! They think that anyone who has been unemployed for any length of time must be a deadbeat.
I think that is a disgusting attitude.

S&F
Hope that's not the case I'm playing Mr. Mom until both kids are back in school.