Falconry: Ancient and Modern Usages

MythicalCaesar

On Tuesday, March 9, 2010. Gate City 2 of Atlanta will kick off our 2010 series with birds of prey.

Several falcons will be perched in the Lodge Hall for this special evening. Among the many topics regarding the subject will be origins, hunting with birds of prey, and modern applications such as airport contracts for diverting the flight patterns of nuisance birds such as pigeons. If you've never seen one of these raptors up close, now is your chance. Our Brother Alan Colussy will have extra gloves on hand as well as a camera and tripod if you would like to take a picture with one of these magnificent birds. All are welcome to attend: friends, family, brethren and the public.

The Dinner starts at 6:30PM and will be - what else - Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Collared Greens. Our presentation starts at 7:30PM. Please rsvp to rsvp@gatecity2.org.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I would love to attend that , that's just outstanding . What a great subject to entertain and pass on knowledge to the lodge . This is what I am wanting to to do in my lodge , have quest speakers about give talks on just about any topic . Most in lodge thinks that speakers should be speaking about Freemasonry , I think anything that would be of interest , to enlighten and open the eyes of people on subjects would be great . Next year I am going to try and get a no-kill dog rescue group speak at our lodge to open the eyes of our members to the plight of animals in need and thinking about other topics for every meeting .