Family

Sammy

I love holiday's that I get to spend with family. I lost my grandmother in October and Sunday would have been her 83rd birthday. So my wife, son, and I went to spend the day with my grandfather. It was really nice to just relax with him and the stories he told us. And best of all him holding my son was amazing!

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Growing up my entire family , Mom , Dad , Brothers , Aunts , Uncles , Cousins and friends gathered at my Grandparents every Saturday AND Sunday . We kids would hit the hills , go horse back riding , fishing , play in the creek etc; etc; while the parents sat around talking and gossiping . We also always had a huge meal .

Now we all gather at my Mothers with our families every Sunday for a big meal and set around talking until my brothers turn on the TV to watch sports so that is my cue to hit the road .

Alex44

My whole family gets together usually twice a year and it always a good time. Over the Summer though, my sister brings her family to our house and we barbeque and play in the pool. I really miss that over the Winter.

iMav

-==-
My wife's extended family (all the descendants of her grandma and her grandma's siblings' descendants) have a reunion every two years. This summer it was in Anacortes, WA (just north of Seattle). In 2012, we are hosting up in Wisconsin Dells. It is a blast.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
When I was younger and living in NY we would have big Holiday meals, Christmas and Thanksgiving. We would also have big gatherings. It was great. I remember one year my father had to setup some old cots in the kitchen for people to sleep. The boys got one room, the girls got another. The rest of the house was split up between parents. For the gatherings my uncle used to dress up and do magic tricks. We would have cockroach races, huge ones he would get from NYC.

Down here we really do not get that. It is usually immediate family and that is about it.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My wife found it weird that we got together every Sunday , because it was like a holiday . Thanksgiving , Christmas , Easter or family reunion is/was no different for us than any given Sunday .

tHanks

6 nicknames, guess which.
Actually today would have been someones birthday from my family that we lost many years ago, even simple days like birthdays compared to the larger holidays end up having a mix of emotions for many. I wish there was more time to visit those who we have lost and just those who we have moved away from, deff. need more hours in a day and more vacation days each year.

dax

Every Christmas and New Year, we get to spend time celebrating the season together and take pictures/videos of our activities. Sadly, in the upcoming Christmas and New Year, it will be our first time to spend together without the patriarch of the family.