Fellowcraft team

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I'm going to restart a Fellowcraft team/club in my district , My lodge used to have one back in the 50's and 60's. It's not a fellowcraft team for the MM degree , but for the FC degree . There is only three of us that can give the Staircase Lecture (Winding Staircase) perfectly . Myself and two others . There are alot of the younger , newer MM's who have came to me wanting me to teach them how to deliver it properly . I've told them that it's not something I can teach , but takes time and practice . But I can give them pointers .

What it is going to consist of is one Brother who can do the first section perfectly , then a few Brothers who can put on the Staircase lecture , one for each section of the stairs and so forth and then one who can do the Letter G perfectly . I get called out to put the Staircase Lecture on for quite a few of the lodges in my area and in my Lodge I put on the entire degree myself , and that is alot of talking for one person .

We are going to take a few steps further and have a few brothers who can go from lodge to lodge and put on the 2nd and 3rd sections of the EA degree perfectly . Very few can put those parts on completely from memory anymore . And it's also going to be like a club of sorts where we can talk about and practice ritual and all things Freemasonry and anything else that comes to mind .

Some have stated we could also be a Fellowcraft team for the MM degree but I am hesitante about that because I'm not real big on the MM degree and so many put more importance on the MM degree and the EA and FC play second fiddle to it . I would much rather see a well done EA and Fellowcraft degree anytime over a MM degree .

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas ?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
We have the Past Masters Club who takes care of the MM degree for the most part . I try and get out to visit other lodges for an EA or a FC degree , to help out or just be there , but I usually don't bother gong to a MM degree unless it's a special occasion or it's at my lodge . There is always enough of the other Brothers who flock to the MM degree to cover it. This is why I'm starting this FC team for the first two degrees , I always hear how we need this or that for MM degrees but the other two are left out in the cold so to speak .

cemab4y

I think it is a swell idea. When I lived in Columbus OH back in 1990, I started a degree team that was all Amateur Radio operators. We traveled to lodges all over central Ohio,whenever a ham radio operator took the degrees. I have heard of other specialty degree teams, that are composed entirely of law enforcement masons, etc.

I think you should contact all of the lodges in your masonic district, and let all of the masons know of your plans. I will wager, that you will find many masons, especially younger masons, that will be very interested in participating.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I'm starting this because , like I stated above , so many put so much emphases on the Master Mason degree , when they EA and FC are just as important . Though the FC degree is my favorite , I think the EA degree is the most important degree because this is the first time a candidate is introduced into Freemasonry and get's his first impression of the Fraternity . I was thinking that if we make this a big production , minus any costumes , and get all the brothers we can get there to attend that it would have a greater impact .

RoughAshlar

We are doing something kind of similar this year. In the hope that the spirit of competition amongst men will raise partisipation, we put together three degree teams. The current officers, of which I am a member, a team of past masters, and a team of non-officer Master Masons. My team (officers) did a 3rd just last week, and put on a good show of it. The Past Masters are doing a first in Nov, we spooked the Past Masters, who imeadiatly organized practices after they saw us. lol