Felon in South Carolina interested

Drago337

I am in South Carolina and I am interested in joining the Brotherhood, however I have a portion of my past where I received a couple felonies. My life is much different now. Would i be allowed to join?

You would need to discuss this with an Investigation Committee from the Lodge that you Petition for membership. Those Freemasons will first check with their Grand Lodge whether your convictions are a bar to membership and if not they will then decide whether they think that you would fit into their Lodge.

goomba

There is no cut and dry answer. Will it be more difficult for you? Yes. But I assume you knew that. What Bro. Martin mentioned is the best advice. As each grand lodge (and lodge) is slightly different the answer depends on that grand lodges rules.

sigmanx

There is no cut and dry answer. Will it be more difficult for you? Yes. But I assume you knew that. What Bro. Martin mentioned is the best advice. As each grand lodge (and lodge) is slightly different the answer depends on that grand lodges rules.
I concur. Nothing wrong with asking, but just know of the possible outcome. And be upfront about it.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk