FH Masonic Book Club

What book to read at this time for the FH Book Club?

• The Builders by Joseph Fort Newton

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Building Boaz by Dr. John Nagy

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Hey Winter...It's a tie with three hours left. What do you do if it stays a tie by High noon? Flip a coin?
We could throw a peasant, oh sorry wrong century!

Use the random number website that Jason used?
In the event of a tie, the winner is the one we can download (CoachN, hint (just for us Bro. I understand suply side economics and your books are not on Ebay :( )
My Lodge has a copy of The Builders, perhaps other Brothers Lodges do too?
My intention is to donate my copies of Bro. Coach's books to my Lodge, so others can benefit from his light.

CoachN

Builder Builder
For those Brothers sincerely interested in participating in a "Building Boaz Book Study Discussion" but where $s are truly a determining factor in your participation, please PM me and let me know your mailing address.

There are "arrangements" being made so that your participation will not be hindered.

All communications will be kept within the chests of those involved. If direct PM with me is uncomfortable/awkward, have someone convey your interest -- and your mailing address.

This offer shall be withdrawn once this proposed project is started or shelved.

F&S,

Bro. Coach N

Winter

I've been here before
Brother Coach, yer a mensch!

And hour and 15 minutes left. We'll see if it's still a tie then!

Duncan1574

OK, Tie breaker time.
I liked both books, own BB can get a copy of Builders.

Builders will be a much longer read, I loved the language Newton uses, it is old school.

BB has just as deep language, easy a bit easier to read as CoachN is a contemporary.

G

Gary

I liked both books, own BB can get a copy of Builders.

Builders will be a much longer read, I loved the language Newton uses, it is old school.

BB has just as deep language, easy a bit easier to read as CoachN is a contemporary.
Looking at the PDF copy I just made of the Builders, both books are roughly 160 pages.

G

Gary

Well, I just printed a hard copy of the Builders. I have both books now. So whatever is decided, I'm set! :cool:

Winter

I've been here before
Since it was a dead tie at noon, I used a random number generator and the result was......

Drumroll......

The Builders! by Bro. Newton!

Building Boaz will be next up and this will hopefully give more people an opportunity to procure it.

I propose that the Introduction and Chapter 1 be read by Friday and we can begin to discuss!

G

Gary

download completed, gonna try it with my PC & PDA (GaryE: I too dislike e-books)
If you've got 157 sheets of paper....Print it! I did. This way I can make notes etc. e-Books bother my eyes after a while.

You've got a head start, as you've already read it though.

Duncan1574

If you've got 157 sheets of paper....Print it! I did. This way I can make notes etc. e-Books bother my eyes after a while.

You've got a head start, as you've already read it though.
My eyes too, I would rather buy a copy than print it off, love the feel of a book (ah, sorry private moment there :eek: )

I am going to research a good E-book reader for PCs. Kindle has one and a few others. The Kindle allows highlighting, bookmarks, etc on the newest handheld unit, so perhaps the PC based one does too.. Had one from the library, it was pretty cool, but abused (poor thing).

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
My eyes too, I would rather buy a copy than print it off, love the feel of a book (ah, sorry private moment there :eek: )

I am going to research a good E-book reader for PCs. Kindle has one and a few others. The Kindle allows highlighting, bookmarks, etc on the newest handheld unit, so perhaps the PC based one does too.. Had one from the library, it was pretty cool, but abused (poor thing).
At least I am not the only one who would rather read a real book than a digital book . I too love the feel of a real book in my hand .

I have tried a Kindle , my friends , but it is still not the same . There is just so much technology I can embrace before I say enough , and reading a book from a electronic device is where I draw the line .

G

Gary

At least I am not the only one who would rather read a real book than a digital book . I too love the feel of a real book in my hand .

I have tried a Kindle , my friends , but it is still not the same . There is just so much technology I can embrace before I say enough , and reading a book from a electronic device is where I draw the line .
Agreed. Nothing like a "real" book!

Being a combination kenesthetic/auditory dominant learner, reading is not one of my more favored things to do....BUT since becoming a Mason, I find myself working harder at developing that skill...I know I am not gonna find any audio books on masonry....