for a brother/buddy

A good buddy and lodge brother of mine was diagnosed yesterday with cancer in/on his kidney. He'll have surgery on Tuesday, and then know his course of action. He's 38 years old with 5 kids from baby to 13. I'm going to do a little BBQ and drink a couple of beers with him tonight to try to get his mind off things for a few hours, but I know that's a very temporary form of relief. He and his wife are obviously really concerned, and they're thankful for any prayers.
Thanks,
Mike

Winter

I've been here before
I'll keep my Brother in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my kid sister to hodgkins. I have a special love for cancer research and charities.

Well, he lost a kidney, but the prognosis is good. The cancer had not spread, and was a low enough grade that there is no recommendation for additional treatment at this time, other than monitoring.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Well, he lost a kidney, but the prognosis is good. The cancer had not spread, and was a low enough grade that there is no recommendation for additional treatment at this time, other than monitoring.
Living with one kidney is not a big problem. I'm so glad it didn't spread. It looks like the GAOTU has plans for him yet.