Founding fathers

WM1109ms

Question technically speacking could the founding fathers be brought up on charges becuse they wee a source of unrest in the government and theirfor broke the obligation

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Not sure which founding fathers you are referring to. If you are referring to the founding fathers of the United States. Then YES, they were actually committing the greatest sin against the governing body. "Treason" Had the colonies lost the battle for their independence the surely would have been executed. The declaration of independence does however call for those individuals to stand up and take charge.
Of course this is an opinion formed on information which I have not researched. Just information put together through discussions, articles, etc...

mollyL

As you say “technically” yes, but I can’t help but be reminded of the 1930’s Errol Flynn version of Robin Hood where Marian says to Robin “You speak treason!” He replies” “Fluently.”

G

Gary

Tyranny to some is to another man liberty. Given the circumstances, I don't see it as a chargeable offence Masonically speaking.

The rights and freedom of the people were being oppressed. Diplomacy failed. They merely formed a better form of government to protect that liberty. It wasn't for the sake of just overthrowing a government. They didn't actually overthrow it per se. The seceded from it.

Just my opinion of course.

And yes, they would have been executed if they failed, but that is no different from current events happening today.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Well ... inasmuch as the GL of England dropped all the charters in our fledgling country after the revolution, I'd say they brought the entire nation up on Masonic charges.

We cannot be perfect. And sometimes that imperfection shows all too clearly. Think about the Brother Masons who fought against one another in any Civil War or revolution . We are called upon by our Charges to be true and peaceful citizens, but real life sometimes makes that impossible.

G

Gary

Well ... inasmuch as the GL of England dropped all the charters in our fledgling country after the revolution, I'd say they brought the entire nation up on Masonic charges.

We cannot be perfect. And sometimes that imperfection shows all too clearly. Think about the Brother Masons who fought against one another in any Civil War or revolution . We are called upon by our Charges to be true and peaceful citizens, but real life sometimes makes that impossible.

Good points, but Who happens to be Grand Master of GL of England? Royalty!
Of course they brought charges against the colonies, but I think it was more political in motive.

Your last paragraph hit the nail on the head.

G

Gary

I'm thinking you and I are going to be good friends... I like your sense of humor!

Br_Eric_Hill

It is kinda funny that we don't discuss politics in general, yet had a very large part of putting together one of the strongest forms of government, that thrives on polital agenda.