France

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I started a new job with a company that's based in France. I'm in Rennes now and have had some interesting experiences. Last night, I went to a local bistro after a long day at work. While I was waiting for my dinner, a band started playing next to me. I just went with it and applauded after each song. After a little while, one of the other patrons came over to my table and asked if I would like to join them at their table. I picked up my plate and moved over. After a pleasant evening of food, wine and song, we parted with hugs and handshakes. One of the men mentioned that he saw my ring and was curious. We talked briefly and I went back to the hotel. A wonderful evening.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
When I found out they were sending me to France, I felt a little trepidation. I had heard some very bad things about the french. We all know the old jokes about french deodorant salesmen and so on. I can tell you from direct experience that none of it is true. The people here, both coworkers and strangers have treated me with nothing but kindness. Everyone has tried to communicate with me as best they could since the only french I know came from the old song, "Lady Marmalade" and I don't think that would go over very well.

One of my coworkers said I was not seeing the stereotype of the french because I was not showing them the stereotype of an american. A smile is universal.

My boss and the CEO have had nothing but compliments about my performance. My boss took me to a music festival today. He's a very good drummer but is primarily a guitarist. Here's his web site with some samples of his solo recordings:

http://antoine-guitariste.com/

So far it's been quite an adventure. Between the fun at the bistro the other night and today at the festival, I'm having a better time than I imagined I would.

Well, It's 1:30 AM here so I had better get some sleep.

Don't forget the London is only an hour away from Paris by Eurostar and (if you can schedule it) a visit to Freemasons' Hall in London never goes amiss.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I'm back home and recovering from the jet lag and a little UTI I seem to have picked up in my travels. I sure hope I won't be flying anywhere for a couple of weeks at least. I've been on seven airplanes in the past five weeks.

It's good to be home. Now all I need is for my cat to forgive me :)

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I'm back home and recovering from the jet lag and a little UTI I seem to have picked up in my travels. I sure hope I won't be flying anywhere for a couple of weeks at least. I've been on seven airplanes in the past five weeks.

It's good to be home. Now all I need is for my cat to forgive me :)
Look into his eyes.
He will never forgive you!

S&F