Freemason~Conspiracies?

trivedi360

How come Freemasons are always linked to some kind of conspiracies?
Angela and Demons has the Freemasons being infiltrated by the Illuminati. Da Vinci Code has them linked to the Holy Grail. National Treasure: Book of Secrets has them guarding a secret book of presidents. Is any of this true?

RoughAshlar

Freemasonry is an easy target for conspiracy theorists. Our meetings are held in private and our members often allude to secrets and mysteries. Any attempt on our part to clairify anything is held in the eyes of the conspiracy theorist as an attempt to further hide the truth.... Some of these people are driven by proffit, possing as ex-masons and then writing books of falshoods while giving themselves and air of credibility. I for one just ignore it and if someone approaches me about it give them an overview of the craft and point them toward correct information.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Nicely stated RoughAshlar, That is also a good stance to take concerning the less informed.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Agreed , nice answer RoughAshlar . Even before I intertained the thought of becoming a Mason , I never gave any credence to these outlandish theories .Then again , I don't see conspiracies around every corner . Many think we are out for world domination because of the secrecy , if that's they case , I better keep an eye on the neighbor children's secret clubhouse in the woods behind my house seeing how they have secret knocks and passwords . I bet there hiding the Templar Treasure .

RoughAshlar

Im suddently reminded of an episode of the Simpsons.

Who controls the British Crown?
We do. We do.
Who keeps the Martians Down?
We do. We do.

Some people are just ubserd.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I couldn't be a part of anything that made "Steve Guttenburg a Star" ! But they do keep the "Metric System" down though , So I guess it's a wash !

I'd hate to have to go through the initiation of the " Paddling of the swollen a$$ " !

trivedi360

I must say that what you guys have are really very promising answers. I may even go so far as to say that these answers might stop the rumors. But anyone hear about a new Dan Brown book? One of my friends was saying that he is working on another project.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I must say that what you guys have are really very promising answers. I may even go so far as to say that these answers might stop the rumors. But anyone hear about a new Dan Brown book? One of my friends was saying that he is working on another project.
Nothing will stop the rumors . Prove them wrong with the truth and the conspiracy nuts will move on to the next lie .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
:) Ahh humor... Nice to see you again, I thought you had run away with "Common Sense". You just don't get to see much of "Common Sense" anymore, and often times not enough of humor too.

(Supposed to be a ha ha funny)

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
:) Ahh humor... Nice to see you again, I thought you had run away with "Common Sense". You just don't get to see much of "Common Sense" anymore, and often times not enough of humor too.

(Supposed to be a ha ha funny)
LOL . Who has more fun than people ?

I know some Brothers who get all worked up over all the conspiracies . I've told them , it's better just to laugh it off . People for the most part do not believe all those stories the anti's and other crazies spread , only the extremely paranoid . The conspiracy nuts do nothing more but leave themselves open to mockery .

RoughAshlar

LOL . Who has more fun than people ?

I know some Brothers who get all worked up over all the conspiracies . I've told them , it's better just to laugh it off . People for the most part do not believe all those stories the anti's and other crazies spread , only the extremely paranoid . The conspiracy nuts do nothing more but leave themselves open to mockery .
It's defiantly best to just laugh it off. If you try to fight a conspiracy nut they just take it as further proof that they are right. And besides, if you cant laugh at yourself than who can you laugh at?