Freemasons...? Question

milkyway12

I have done my share of research here latley on the fraternity .... and the illuminati. I see several christian men are in the fraternity. I see the hand shakes quiet often on news channels. Well not quiet often but i remember 4 times i know i remember :) , but any how. I have seen some information on a documentary that you guys worship and summon demons to make you "better" men. THis came from a X -fraternity member and it was a video of youtube of course , (the man giving the information left and became a christan and is giving this interview to two family missionaries i can supply the link if needed). He said that they would do paintings of the demons they show and put them in the room where ever they do this stuff at , and once a week they would usually consult with the demons. Is this true?? I hate to just say this out loud on your forums but was just wondering if this is true feel free to PM me . I was thinking about getting into freemasonary , but i am a christian southern baptist and um , how much would masonary conflict with my religion. Thanks guys.

Deadhead Derek

Ok, just as a point of reference, have any of these youtubes or sites ever said that George Washington ever consulted, worshiped or summoned demons? Beyond the fact that in the history of the world there has never been a single shred of proof that there is such a thing as a 'demon'.
Second, there are millions of Masons the world over. Is it logical to say that all of them are so secretive that some massive demon conspiracy exists, and has for 400 years?
Type in as a serch any grand lodge or lodge and look. The pictures of the lodges are online, but no pictures of demons.
As to whether Masonry would be a conflict for you and your beliefs, only you can answer that question for yourself. There are many devout who are happy as Masons as well.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
There is no such thing as the Illuminati (NWO) anymore . It only exists in the minds of the guilible , those who look for conspiracies around every corner and under every rock . This doc . you have watched , that is coming from an ex-Mason , do you have a name of this so-called ex-mason ? Many out there that make such claims are charlatans , ex-masons or not , that make these claims to sell books and to get paid for lectures to the easily manipulated , conspiricay fanatics . We make paintings of demons , huh ? I don't know about other lodges , but we have no art studios in my lodge . And summoning demons to "make us better men " , please . It takes someone who is simple minded to make such a claim , and even more simple minded to believe such a claim . This old cult/devil worship thing has been done to death and has been proven to be false time and again . You state that you would like to join Freemasonry and you have done your fare share of research , from the questions you ask it seems the only research you have done comes from the anti-masons/conspiracy nuts or you would not be asking such outlandish questions .

I suggest you read John Robinson's " A Pilgrams Path : Freemasonry and the Relgious Rights " . At the time he had written this book , he was a non-Mason . It will give you a firmer grasp concerning Freemasonry and religion . And I would also suggest you read " Is It True What They Say About Freemasonry " by Aruturo De Hoyas and S. Brent Morris , which shows the lengths these liars against Freemasonry will go to to paint us as evil . If you are truly interested in Freemasonry , and not trying to bait us into an argument , then you need to research both sides of the coin .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
milkyway12,
Thank you for your questions, I will offer the following in response to them. Our venerable institution has subsisted from time immorial. We have been subjected to many false claims and theories about what does and does not go on within our fraternity. I would strongly suggest that you and you yourself undertake the duty to investigate that which you question. I can give you a direct answer of, There is absolutely no demon worshipping within our fraternity, and nothing within freemasonry would preclude you from joining as a christian. There is nothing that would make you forsake your vows to god and to men. The basis of our institution is to take good men and make them better, but there is no "consulting with demons" to make them better men.
Now the reason that I say that you should undertake this duty yourself, is because no one can change your mind for you, you must be the one to make that determination. As any anti-masonic individual reading my response will find something to attack, I will not fight the ill-advised or the insidious concerning the fraternity which I belong to, and hold in high regard, as well as its' members.
There is too much information out there on the "Wrong Way Web" or the "Idiotic-Superhighway". It becomes your duty to investigate, and make the best informed decision that is possible. There is more written "Anti-masonic" on the web than there is "Pro-Masonic". This is most likely because of the need for those who do not know, to speculate, and therefore, spew out incorrect information which detracts from the good which we, as free-masons, do in the world.
The Illuminati, were a "cult/sect" that existed in the past, these are no longer in existience and were headed by individuals for the sole purpose of gaining power and fortune. These principles are not supported, nor encouraged within our fraternity. One of the base ideas in free-masonry is charity, not greed.
The true free-mason, does not look for recognition for his good deeds to a fellow human being (or animals), nor does he expect anything in return. It is out of the goodness and enabling of the person that truly wants to help others.
I hope that you will take the time to check things out, and if you feel that our ideals would be a good fit in your life, that you ask around, I would fathom a guess that even some of the individuals you know in your life, are currently members of our fraternity.

Thanks, and hope this may answer some of your questions / concerns.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Great post BG , I was in a mood this morning , which is plain to see in my post , and I may have been a little to blunt nor can I speak as eloquently as you . It get's very tiring reading how people think that all these great men , be them famous or the average Joe Masons who have done so much for the world , their countries or their communities and their fellow men and animals (?) , would worship the devil/demons .

I do like your observations concerning the internet though . "Wrong Way Web" and "Idiotic-Superhighway" , just priceless .

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
their countries or their communities and their fellow men and animals (?) , would worship the devil/demons .
Ashlar, what I was referring to was, even though the majority of our good deeds happen for people, there are some good deeds that the masons do for our animal friends, such as SPCA, and those pets of our troubled brethren. I just wasn't sure how to word it correctly. :)

Thank you for the kind words, I noticed that you must not have been yourself in your post.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ashlar, what I was referring to was, even though the majority of our good deeds happen for people, there are some good deeds that the masons do for our animal friends, such as SPCA, and those pets of our troubled brethren. I just wasn't sure how to word it correctly. :)

Thank you for the kind words, I noticed that you must not have been yourself in your post.
I was interested in that part because animal rescues , etc; are very near and dear to my heart .

And , no , I was not myself . It all just gets very old .

Zanillo

Hello, I'm not a mason, but I've met a mason and am interested in joining. This post is just in reply to Ashlar's comment about the NWO. In no way am I intending to support the opinion that the Freemason's are affiliated with the NWO. However, these two images imply not only the existence of the NWO but the newspaper media declaring it publicly.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_THUio3zwDxc/SdYITvaGfAI/AAAAAAAAAvE/Bx5MxE8G8pg/s400/guard01.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_THUio3zwDxc/SdYId4OZJ7I/AAAAAAAAAvM/1XH5l2LZz98/s400/mail01.jpg

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I've done a search and from what I have found (or not found would be a more correct statement) that there is no proof that Gordon Brown is a Freemason . I may have missed something though . But , this being said , These two headlines do not imply that there is the existence of a NWO , look deeper into it and you will find out that he is stating that a NWO is *needed* to combat the recession and other glodal problems . This is in no way proof that the NWO is fact .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
This post is not aimed at you Zanillo , so do not take it as it is . I have read up on most all of the conspiracies aimed at Freemasonry and it all boils down to this , where are the facts ? Where is the 100% , irrevocable , substantiated truths that Freemasonry is behind all these conspiracies ? Not on the information that is based on lies and/or half truths of proven charlatans ,or on Masonic rituals and text twisted and taken out of context , or on the good ol' "because I say so" stand . Where is the hard truth ?

There is none . But many want to blame their woes on someone , they want to attack what they do not understand or know nothing about ( the less one knows the more one takes of Freemasonry ) and Freemasonry is a great target because we do not take a stand and fight back .

J

Joyrock

Many religious fundementalists will always regard the ceremonial magick that takes place in Masonic ritual as "summoning demons." While clearly the ritual work done with the lodge is not a summoning type of work this is of little consiquence.

I could go on about Masonic invocations, but that could be a whole other topic by itself.

As far as the Illuminati goes. The Bavarian Illuminati as far as an organization goes is no more. I disagree that they where about power and greed. They where about protecting intelectuals and the enlightenment from the oppression of the church. I noble purpose in my mind.

There have been and are Illuminists before and after the Bravarian Illuminati.
Some argue that Hermes Trsmigistus was illuminated. AE Waite used the term.

The answers to these questions are more complex than we often think.

Fraternally,

Zanillo

Oh I know its not official yet, but the NWO is just a matter of time. Papers such as these are just to prepare the populations to get used to the idea of a unified planet. I am not even trying to suggest that the NWO is a bad idea, I'm personally for at least some aspects of it. So yes, I can imagine there are some mason's who would support a world order, I personally think it would be good if humans were globally consolidated, so long as everyone was free to continue their own culture and religion.

I agree Ashlar, its common knowledge that people fear and target the unknown. I admire your passion about cutting down the lies directed toward the Masons. :)

EDIT: That's what I heard about the illuminati also Joyrock. I should think that in those times the bad name was given to them by the church, and the bad reputation just lived on.

J

Joyrock

I can honestly say that I am of the opinion that if every adult on earth where actually a Craftsmen, that is actually practiced and lived the Craft the world would absolutley be a better place.

If that means I am in favor of the NWO so mote it be.

Fraternally,

Rescue48 not to be trivial but "The Complete Idiots Guide to Freemasonry" was written by S. Brent Morris Ph D 33* and "Freemasonry for Dummies" was written by Chris Hodapp 32*