Going green

RoughAshlar

My wife and I live off of a well and septic tank so we have to be careful about what we put anything down the drain. (for the septic tank). We have converted to biodegradeable soaps/cleaners/ etc... and our city has a decent (but not great) recycling program that we take advantage of. Beyond that we pay the extra for the cleaner gas when the price is low, use high efficiency light bulbs etc... It's really not that hard to go green within reason.

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
We have replaced all of our lights which are not on dimmers, with CFL (compact flouresent lights) we also live on a well and septic, so we limit the amount of extra water usage. One interesting thing that I just watched on our local news station is that running the dishwasher actually uses less water than handwashing dishes. I have checked into a residential wind turbine also (I live on top of a mountain looking down the valley so we always have wind) but it is still really out of reach price wise ($4500-$15000) depending upon how much power you want to create. Solar is also still out of reach for me. As much as I would love to use these, until I can afford them, or they make them cheaper, there is just only so much you can do.