Going on an IC visit.

Aventr

I, for some reason raised my hand when the WM asked for volunteers. I am meeting 2 Past Master Brothers at the candidates house in 2 hours. I am probably just as nervous as the candidate. My plan is just follow the Brothers lead and learn all I can. We shall see how this goes. One question, Does the IC also Vote?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Yes they ballot , at least in my jurisdiction . All brethren HAVE to vote UNLESS excused by the body of the Craft . The Master , not even the Grand Master , can excuse any brother from balloting .

Aventr

Ah I see. It turned out okay, other then having to wait outside for 45 minutes for the candidate to get home... he was a very nice young man.

cemab4y

Of course the IC members vote when the ballot is spread. All masons have a duty to "guard the West Gate". The IC has a special responsibility to ensure that all petitioners meet the "bar", and are worthy candidates for our Craft. I have been privileged to serve on a couple of committees, and I took the responsibility seriously. Fact is, I rather enjoyed "snooping out" these men. I was impressed with the candidates I investigated, the individuals I interviewed gave them high recommendations. Since I believed them to be worthy, based on my investigation, I gave them favorable reports, and they were accepted by our lodge.

Aventr

Of course the IC members vote when the ballot is spread. All masons have a duty to "guard the West Gate". The IC has a special responsibility to ensure that all petitioners meet the "bar", and are worthy candidates for our Craft. I have been privileged to serve on a couple of committees, and I took the responsibility seriously. Fact is, I rather enjoyed "snooping out" these men. I was impressed with the candidates I investigated, the individuals I interviewed gave them high recommendations. Since I believed them to be worthy, based on my investigation, I gave them favorable reports, and they were accepted by our lodge.
I am glad he was a nice kid with a good head on his shoulders. He was highly recommended from long standing members so HE made it easy on us. I would reject a candidate but I am glad he did not make me make that choice. As for taking the responsibility serious, I feel it is our duty to protect our craft. In a lodge with a lot of aging members, I think I will be doing this more than I anticipated.