Good evening from 'ol Blighty...

Pembridge

Hello everyone,

I am using the name "Pembridge" as that is the name of the road wherein The Order of Women Freemasons have their respective Grand Lodge.

The Order celebrated its centenary on 8th June 2008, at The Royal Albert Hall.

We are now acknowledged as to being "Regular" by U.G.L.E.

This week I will be Advanced into Mark, as the completion of the Second Degree. Only AFTER this entry are we permitted to enter into Chapter. This is opposite to the male U.G.L.E., which had led to me being told (on several occasions) by predominant U.G.L.E. Grand Officers that we are stricter than they.

I look forward to read and (possibly) answering messages, but please observe my privacy and as such, please respect my silence - should I wish to not comment on a deemed too delicate a matter!

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Welcome to the forum. Please post and / or reply at your leasure. There are no set rules as to when and how often you must post. If you feel that a reply by you would be to the benefit of the members of this forum please do, if you wish to excuse yourself from posting that is also up to you. We are all after the same ultimate goal (to attain greater knowledge through the sharing of that knowledge).

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Greetings and salutations. Welcome to the forums. As been said before, no rules on how often to post. Feel free to chat about whatever. The only thing is you still must follow your obligations, in that no sharing of secrets. Oh, and you must have a good time while you are here. :)

rustybones49801

A Rough Ashlar
Pembridge, do you have documentation or a link to the UGLE website stating that recognition has occured?. According to the Constitution of the UGLE, page 15 section 4:

"That the membership of the Grand Lodge and individual Lodges shall be composed exclusively of men; and that each Grand Lodge shall have no Masonic intercourse of any kind with mixed Lodges or bodies which admit women to membership."

I have heard of no change to date.

Pembridge

Re: Female Freemasons III.

Pembridge, do you have documentation or a link to the UGLE website stating that recognition has occured?. According to the Constitution of the UGLE, page 15 section 4:

"That the membership of the Grand Lodge and individual Lodges shall be composed exclusively of men; and that each Grand Lodge shall have no Masonic intercourse of any kind with mixed Lodges or bodies which admit women to membership."

Hello,

Again I must bring to the attention of one and all; I did not state "recognise" but "acknowledge".

Here is a previous post.

Lest not forget; U.G.L.E. acknowledge The Order of Women Freemasons - this in itself can be quite different from "recognising" (truly).

Acknowledge; accept or admit the existence or truth of:

Recognise; identify (someone or something) from having encountered them;
As male Masons cannot encounter us (i.e.; whilst working) - this term cannot respectfully apply.

Regards
Pembridge.

Pembridge

Hello there,

Sorry for the delayed response!

"The United Grand Lodge of England have, in a statement of 10th March 1999, acknowledged the regularity and sincerity of women’s Freemasonry although they do not officially recognise it and their members cannot take part. Many of our own Lodges meet in premises owned by the men’s Order and informal relations are cordial and co-operative."
Copied from http://www.owf.org.uk/history.htm

Byeeee