Got to be Chaplain

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I am part of a Facebook group called the Third Degree Sideline Stuffers. We go to lodges we are invited to and fill up the sidelines. Most of us are pretty good at ritual and are willing to help when needed. Last night I got to be Chaplain. It was very strange being able to read in lodge ;) After the closing prayer, the Marshall whispered to me"want a job?".

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I need to start a group like that , but call it "All Degrees Sideline Stuffers" . We have no problem packing a lodge for a third degree . It is the EA degree , where we make our first and most important impression , that I have sat counting heads walking through the door just HOPING I will have enough show up to confer the degree let alone fill the sidelines . This is where we need the bodies in my area . We should pack the house supporting and welcoming a new Mason , well we should pack the house on all three degrees .

Far to much importance is put on the Master Mason degree while the EA and FC degrees suffer (again , my area) .

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I need to start a group like that , but call it "All Degrees Sideline Stuffers" . We have no problem packing a lodge for a third degree . It is the EA degree , where we make our first and most important impression , that I have sat counting heads walking through the door just HOPING I will have enough show up to confer the degree let alone fill the sidelines . This is where we need the bodies in my area . We should pack the house supporting and welcoming a new Mason , well we should pack the house on all three degrees .

Far to much importance is put on the Master Mason degree while the EA and FC degrees suffer (again , my area) .
"AGREED!"

S&F

Bill_F

At last nights Fellowcraft, we had 4 Brothers going through, so I got to be a conductor. Second time doing anything but sitting in the sidelines! (Other than my own Degree's of course.)
And the night before, I stood in as J.D. Thankfully the S.W knew it and was very helpful to me in conducting my duties.
Very exciting for a newbie like me.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
At last nights Fellowcraft, we had 4 Brothers going through, so I got to be a conductor. Second time doing anything but sitting in the sidelines! (Other than my own Degree's of course.)
And the night before, I stood in as J.D. Thankfully the S.W knew it and was very helpful to me in conducting my duties.
Very exciting for a newbie like me.
I'm being asked to be the JD next year. It's a pretty easy job once you learn the parts, and a fun way to learn about the line and ritual.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I'm being asked to be the JD next year. It's a pretty easy job once you learn the parts, and a fun way to learn about the line and ritual.
In Massachusetts, the JD has a fairly large part to play in the first degree. He is responsible for the Candidates outside the lodge room, so he must make sure they are properly clothed for each degree and asks the three questions outside the room before the Candidate is allowed in. It's a big jump from a paragraph in the opening and the first real taste of Ritual. I loved it.