Grandfather was a Mason

Wolflazer

How do I become a Mason? My Granddad was a 34th mason in Bridgeport, Ohio. and I would like to know if I could become a Mason. he has past in 1980 and always told me to do this but never knew how.but now i would like to know more on Masonic Lodge. Thank you for your time.

All the Best
Michael P Briggs Sr.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
First off , welcome aboard . I'm glad you're intereted in our Fraternity . If you know someone to be a Mason , talk to them and ask him for a petition or visit a lodge in your area . Here's a link to the Grand Lodge of Ohio Grand Lodge Free & Accepted Masons of Ohio . There you can find a lodge near you and find some answers. I'm not sure what you mean by your Grandfather being a 34th Mason . If he was a Scottish Rite mason , then the highest he could go was a 33rd degree mason . Feel free to ask all the questions you want here , we'll answer what we can .

Wolflazer

ya i called my mom and she was thinking he was 32ed mason but not sure. like i said he has been gone a long time and i wasn't into that but as i have gotten older i'm thinking about it very hard .and thanks for your time, i don't live in ohio any more i live in indiana now for 21 years . and i'm very sorry i didn't let every one know who i am . thanks again for your help Ashlar521

cemab4y

My Grampaw was a mason too

I will be glad to help you find a lodge in Indiana, and assist you in obtaining a petition (application form). My grandfather was a mason, and I have his ring. Here is the story:

Grampaw's Ring

chocoguy

If your grandfather was a mason then it would be easy for you to also become a mason since you have a connection. It shouldn't be hard to be one.

RoughAshlar

It's never hard to become a mason, unless you don't meet the requirements. Like you my Grandfather was a mason and passed away long before I took an interest in masonry.
When I decided to join I knew no one in my area that was a mason so I just went to my area's Grand lodge website and left a note on their Guest book, not long after I was contacted by someone who would soon sponsor me.

Most lodge websites will have a link or email with 2b1 ask 1 on it.

reviewer

Wolflazer, did you ever get in touch with any local Masons? I'd be curious to see how this panned out for you. Let us know!