Greetings from the Steel City

montkun

Hello everyone, I'm a newly raised (8/29/15) Master Mason representing Melita Lodge #117 of the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge: Masonic District #7 of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Joining this lodge of wonderful men was especially significant for me because it was done with my Grandfather present. Personally, I was overwhelmed when he shook my hand and called me Brother for the first time.

Currently I'm studying for my proficiency in the 3rd degree, and I hope to give it next month. That way I can focus my efforts towards my new duties as Senior Deacon at both regular meetings and in degree work.

Last edited:

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Congratulations Brother. Wonderful that your Grandfather was able to be a part of your raising.

Unfortunately my Grandfather passed many years prior to me being raised, but I was fortunate to have my Father raised me as KS and in turn I raised my son as KS just a few short years ago. What a picture that would be if Grandpa was still alive --- 4 generations of Masons -- one I can easily see in my mind only.