Greetings

T

The Alchemist

Hello,

I stumbled across this site while browsing for Freemason Forums. I took a brief look around, and the site seems to be fairly active...which I like.

As for me being a Mason...not yet. I'm set for initiation later this month. The lodge is First Timothy in Atlanta, GA. They haven't given them a number yet, because the lodge is being relocated. I have a meeting with the WM today, so maybe he has an update.

Over the years, I've done a lot of reading on various subjects. Charles F. Haanel (32°) is my favorite author. Some of you may be familiar with some of his works. I've studied the subject of Spirituality, thought-creation, illumination, etc. Not for the purpose of prying into Freemasonry, but because these subjects really grab my interest. I guess you could say that my study of these subjects lead me into wanting to become a Mason, because I see Masonry as a journey to help men find truth. And when a man finds truth, he becomes a better person if he acts in compliance to truth.

But anyways...that's the rundown on me. I look forward to contributing as time passes.

jaya

Welcome to FMH. I am surprised a lodge does not have a number just because it moved. When my lodged moved many years ago it kept its number. Keep us informed of your progress.

jaya

Are you under Jeff Long Grand Lodge & Electa Grand Chapter? That is the only reference to a first timothy lodge in Atlanta. Before you join, you need to know that GL is not considered regular and is a clandestine GL. By that I mean you will not be accepted as a masons outside of that GL and will not be allowed to visit other lodges outside of your GL. Being able to visit is one of the best aspects of freemasonry. I would advise you to look at either the GL of GA or the PHA GL in GA.

jaya

I think I ran him off after I said his GL was clandestine. However, he should know that before going through and joining that lodge. His last activity was that night. I am sorry if I ran him off.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I think I ran him off after I said his GL was clandestine. However, he should know that before going through and joining that lodge. His last activity was that night. I am sorry if I ran him off.
He may be busy checking out what you told him...or running down the 'facts' the WM told him to counter what you told him. I certainly hope he finds his light.

S&F