Hachikō

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
In 1924, Hidesaburō Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo, took in Hachikō, a golden brown Akita, as a pet. During his owner's life, Hachikō greeted him at the end of each day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno did not return. The professor had suffered from a cerebral hemorrhage and died, never returning to the train station where Hachikō was waiting. Every day for the next nine years the dog waited at Shibuya

Wikipedia page for more info. Hachik

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
I read about this and I watched the movie they made about it (they used a train station in the US rather than Japan). I could see a faithful dog doing this for a time but 9 years day in and day out is amazing.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I read about this and I watched the movie they made about it (they used a train station in the US rather than Japan). I could see a faithful dog doing this for a time but 9 years day in and day out is amazing.
I heard they made a movie about it. Not sure if I want to watch it though. It is a sad story as it is.

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I asked my cats about this, they have scheduled a meeting for next month to decide if they'll think about it.