Having fun destroying my house!

G

Gary

Well... As you can tell... I've been busy lately. Work has me running in many different directions. I'm managing to fit in Lodge meetings and catechism instruction in between.

To top things off and make it interesting I'm finally getting around to tearing up the flooring that was installed in my house many moons ago. Somebody got the not so bright idea to install industrial floor tile (like you see in grocery stores) in the kitchen and dining area. On Saturday, my teenage son and I literally chiseled it up in tiny pieces. it took us a whole day to do that.

I've pulled up the carpet strips along the living area and removed all of the base boards tonight. I'll be installing laminate flooring soon. I've already got it purchased. Then it's on to the bathroom for tile and a overhaul on the walls etc...

Sheesh!!! I'm beat, and I haven't even really started! All of this is going on while trying to keep my family of four (including an infant) out of the way and still living here.... :eek:

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Nothing like removing industrial tiling . Had to do that on a couple of boats I worked on , back breaking work .

G

Gary

Yeah, it is! I still have to remove that crap from the bathroom floor, but luckily it's only a small space. :p

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
You can come here and do mine next if you want. Some of the grout in the bathroom tile on the walls is already coming out though. The floor is another thing entirely.

G

Gary

I'll come help you if you want. I'll work for mead...LOL

Oh, BTW- I got us a connection for fresh pressed cider locally if you decide you want some....

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
I've got plenty of mead. I hope the 15 gallons or so I've got sitting are still good. Been aging since 2007. Really need to get some time to bottle if they are still good. Some of the papers fell off though saying what they are. But I've got some Bunratty Mead which I enjoy.

I still got a book for you.

I could use some local cider, is it unpasteurized? Do they sell it in large quantities? I could have some nice cider for the fall maybe. If I can get the time.

G

Gary

The cider is fresh and unpasteurized. A friend of mine bought an apple press. He will be making the cider per order. He can do a gallon, but I have requested him to get me 5 gallons. He raised an eyebrow until I told him what it was for...:D

Apparently it takes roughly 15 pounds of apples to make a gallon. I've never made cider before, so I may do a small batch to see how it turns out. I don't want to spend a lot only to find out I botched up my first attempt.

BukeyeJackson

ViMH Advisory Board
OK so I need to add blown-in insulation to our house... How will ? get that contraption up the stairs to work the "attic"?

G

Gary

Generally the machine you rent comes with a ejector nozzle that allows you to blow the insulation where you need it to go.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
The cider is fresh and unpasteurized. A friend of mine bought an apple press. He will be making the cider per order. He can do a gallon, but I have requested him to get me 5 gallons. He raised an eyebrow until I told him what it was for...:D

Apparently it takes roughly 15 pounds of apples to make a gallon. I've never made cider before, so I may do a small batch to see how it turns out. I don't want to spend a lot only to find out I botched up my first attempt.
Where does he get his apples? Yeah, I would need 5 gallons, but like you would do a gallon to start. I'm trying to think of something to make in honor of my son being born.

G

Gary

Where does he get his apples? Yeah, I would need 5 gallons, but like you would do a gallon to start. I'm trying to think of something to make in honor of my son being born.
He gets them from a whole sale place in Tampa I think. His press finally arrived. I'll get with him and find out more details for you. If you've got certain apples in mind let me know...Maybe we could get together and make up a couple of gallons as I've never done it before.

Update- Laminate flooring done, and I just finished tiling the bathroom. I guess now I can say I've been a Tyler....LOL

Seriously though, it's like I have a new house now!!!!! :cool: