hello from Mississippi

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
Indeed, Winter is correct. ALSO, DeMolay has regional representatives. Call DeMolay International, tell them where in the world you are and that you want to see a DeMolay Chapter in your area and they will hook you up with somebody relatively local to assist you.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
thanks Brothers I'm sure the other members of my lodge knew this but i just thought i'd ask.
As a Senior DeMolay and a one-time Chapter Advisor, I was always frustrated by how little the members of the Lodge knew about the Order of DeMolay. Even when we presented education, it seemed to go in one ear and right out the other. If you are serious about getting a Chapter of DeMolay going in your vicinity, get hold of DeMolay International (1-800-Demolay) and speak to an area representative. DeMolay changes the lives of young men (and in a positive way!).

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
As a Senior DeMolay and a one-time Chapter Advisor, I was always frustrated by how little the members of the Lodge knew about the Order of DeMolay. Even when we presented education, it seemed to go in one ear and right out the other. If you are serious about getting a Chapter of DeMolay going in your vicinity, get hold of DeMolay International (1-800-Demolay) and speak to an area representative. DeMolay changes the lives of young men (and in a positive way!).
You'll also want to get definite commitments from members to support the needs of the Chapter. We had a Demolay Chapter at my lodge and the members of the Lodge repeated expressed how much they liked and supported Demolay, but did nothing.
"Had" is of course a past tense verb.

S&F

G

Gary

You'll also want to get definite commitments from members to support the needs of the Chapter. We had a Demolay Chapter at my lodge and the members of the Lodge repeated expressed how much they liked and supported Demolay, but did nothing.
"Had" is of course a past tense verb.

S&F
That would seem to be the major obstacle. Lot's of people have nice things to say, but few want to work to support a program. Our Lodge is considering a chapter as well, and this hurdle is one of my biggest fears.

I don't want to start one and see it flop.

Winter

I've been here before
Sadly, I've never been involved with DeMolay. I grew up in the Civil Air Patrol (USAF Aux.) and that is the youth organization I devoted my time towards.

PatrickWilliams

I could tell you ...
That would seem to be the major obstacle. Lot's of people have nice things to say, but few want to work to support a program. Our Lodge is considering a chapter as well, and this hurdle is one of my biggest fears.

I don't want to start one and see it flop.
Good luck to y'all! DeMolay is a wonderful organization. I loved it as a teen.

Winter

I've been here before
The SCA? Good lord man! IS there anything you are NOT involved in? :eek:
I have many interests and hobbies! LOL

I got involved with the SCA back in 91. There was a big group on my base and the first time I saw them strapping plate armor on and beating the living crap out of each other I was hooked.

I'm the senior squire to His Grace, Duke Huan. And cuurently serving as the Chronicler for the Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr, where I believe you reside, Brother. ;)

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
I have many interests and hobbies! LOL

I got involved with the SCA back in 91. There was a big group on my base and the first time I saw them strapping plate armor on and beating the living crap out of each other I was hooked.

I'm the senior squire to His Grace, Duke Huan. And cuurently serving as the Chronicler for the Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr, where I believe you reside, Brother. ;)
I believe you are correct. Renfaire is my outlet for armor and such. I am the noble cleric for Clan Ironwolf at Bristol RF, the chaplain for the Outlanders, and spiritual guide for several other groups.
My nephew is the leader of his LARP kingdom down in Carbondale Il.

Winter

I've been here before
LARP. [snort] LOL Sorry, old rivalry! They using padded weapons and all with no real contact. :)