MM Topic Hopeful

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Ashlar, are the invitational only bodies any different than the appendant bodies that say a Mason must be a Christian to join?

You know my stance. Abolish all appendant bodies.
I agree with you Brother Winter. When Freemasonry was fat with members there was a need for the appendant bodies, in this time of declining membership it makes sense to draw our forces back to the Craft Lodges.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Good edict . A better edict would be a waiting period .

I find it funny that they have these incentives as if it is some high school extracurricular club (you sell so many candy bars and you get a free t-shirt) . Honestly it smacks of making money and nothing about educating Masons . A free SR polo shirt , wind breaker , cheaper dues and if you bring in enough petitions in year you do not have to pay dues at all that year . I have actually heard new SR Masons , when pushing petitions on new Master Mason , make this statement . And the thing is , these SR Masons are new to Fraternity themselves .

Sorry to derail your thread Goomba , but I hate seeing new Master Masons being hounded by the other bodies .
You have to give back your MM or wait 6 months or a year. I cannot remember if they shortened it to 6 months, or if it was just talk.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Ashlar, are the invitational only bodies any different than the appendant bodies that say a Mason must be a Christian to join?

You know my stance. Abolish all appendant bodies.
Some are "Christian" only . I am only remaining in the Commandery because of my friendships with some of the Sir Knights . But that is with the YR as a whole for me , we have a tight knit group in our core group and I am staying in the YR for them . Also I like the Mark Master and the Royal Arch degree . But I am on board with you though , if all the appendant bodies up and disappeared , it would not hurt my feelings in the slightest .

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
Congratulations Brother goomba. I know you are excited about this and so are we.:):):) You can now continue your journey to more light.

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
Brother Goomba,
Now your education starts.
I would recommend that you not forget your EA and FC Degree catechisms [catechisi??]. Go over each of them, and your MMD catechism every month or even every week, if that what it takes. It will keep your mind sharp and who knows, after the next Initiation...the Master may say, "and Brother Goomba will coach you on the memory work" :)

This is a central teaching from UHK, my alma mater, the University of Hard Knocks. This is one of those 'Do as I say, not as I did.' lessons. :D

S&F