How big is your family?

JohnQ

How big is your family? My wife and I have an eighteen month old daughter and another little one on the way. Not sure if we will try for any others though. How many kids do you have or want?

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Just the wife and I , 15 years and going strong . We have no children and made the decision some years ago not to have any . We like our lives this way , but we are always pressured into having them and are told we are wrong in not having children .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
but we are always pressured into having them and are told we are wrong in not having children .
I have a friend who thinks everyone should be married, and have children. I find it strange since he always complains about his wife. I say if it makes you happy, you are not harming anyone by not having children, then what is the big deal? It beats having them for the wrong reasons.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
I was once asked by a friend whom I thought was very intelligent , that if we didn't want kids then why did we get married . I was surprised , I told him that we loved one another , why else would couples get married !?

I know couples who have gotten married because of a child and some who stayed married because of children and were miserable . I know this is not true of all marriages , but the wife and I do as we please , when we please , how we please , we play around and act silly , we are best friends and bottom line , we are happy the way we are . We are the center of each others world . I know it sounds selfish but I would hate to have a child and everything change .

jenlee

We have 2 children (3 and 3 months) and in a few years we plan on having one more. Need a house instead of our 2 bedroom condo first!

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
My wife, myself, 6 sons (4 married, 2 with significant others), 9 soon to be 10 grand kids, 1 soon to be 2 great grand kids, 3 cats, 1 12 year old Border Collie-Australian Shepard mix dog.

Derek

My wife and I have a ten year old daughter, and that's it. We're a small tribe, but we're cozy. There's a lot of love in our home.

Brenda_Lee

There is six of us in our home. My husband, twin girls, my parents (their health has declined and need help) and me. We are planning on adding a labrador to the mix.

RickJ

It's me and my wife and our 3 kids. It's perfect for us... I always wanted 3 kids and I got them. 2 boys and 1 girl (she can fight with the best of them).

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
I have a friend who thinks everyone should be married, and have children. I find it strange since he always complains about his wife. I say if it makes you happy, you are not harming anyone by not having children, then what is the big deal? It beats having them for the wrong reasons.
My argument exactly in favor of gay marriage!
Why shouldn't they be allowed to marry and be miserable like the heteros??
:D

S&F

How big is your family? My wife and I have an eighteen month old daughter and another little one on the way. Not sure if we will try for any others though. How many kids do you have or want?
Not as many as I wanted my wife had some incorrectable issues so we only have the 1. Can't complain cause that 1 is a ringer!

BG_TRBL

Watcher of the posts
Wife, Daughter, and Son + myself, 2 cats, 1 fish (that's all that's left). don't forget all the wildlife wandering around the back yard.

G

Gary

Myself, the wife, 2 kids from a previous marriage(boy and a girl who live with their mom), and 2 boys. Oh yeah, and a fish. :D

Myself...significant other....one daughter (10y/o) and our nephew (10y/o).....and a pet werewolf:D......and.....I get visitation for 24 hours of my disfunctional Brothers and Sisters every third day at work......:eek::eek:

Bob Franks

Past District Deputy Grand Lecturer
How many?

Wifey (of 34 years), 2 grown kids (0 G-kids :(), 2.75 cats [that's what you get if you count legs and divide by 4:D], 2 Miniature Dachshunds, and there used to be 3 fish [the number keeps decreasing, then wife buys more to kill].