I did it now

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Well not just yet, but on June 4th and 5th I will be attending the Tampa Shrine ceremony and I will become a Shriner. After the past month or so, this is best news I could have received.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Wow, that was a fun day, you could not walk past anyone without a friendly hello and handshake. We did a tour of the Hospital on Friday night. It was great to see all the work they do first hand. That place is amazing, once I could find it, thanks GPS.

I went through the ceremony on Saturday. It was awesome. My wife and parents went. I think it answered a lot of questions my mother had, and I think my dad felt out of place, as he was the only male in the ladies functions during the private ceremony. My wife though, really got a lot out of it. Tons of questions where answered by her from the wonderful ladies they had down there. I think it helped that we met a lot of people who run churches. She is even interested in joining a group now.

They had a quick parade of units for us, which was nice, even in the heat of the day. And then we went to a meet & greet with the units. That was really great. I sadly only got to really sit with three units, the Clowns, Crackerjacks (a lot of members from my Lodge in there) and the Tin Lizzies. The wife loves the Tin Lizzie cars and wants me to join them. I doubt I will join any unit until next year. I want to attend a few meetings with the units and bring the wife, but she cannot attend most unit meetings until after August as she is in school at night.

Overall it was a great time. Great people, great food, and great fun. Really brought my spirits up. As soon as they send me the pictures, I will post them.

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
So I got my pictures, sort of. They sent me the wrong persons pictures. I did get a group shot of us, but it is too big to fit in the scanner.

alice30

Did you ever get them?

Did you ever get your pictures back? The right ones. It sounds like you had an amazing trip and time and I know we are all so happy for you and in admiration of you for being a part of something wonderful

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Did you ever get your pictures back? The right ones. It sounds like you had an amazing trip and time and I know we are all so happy for you and in admiration of you for being a part of something wonderful
Yup, got the pictures back, the correct ones.

Attachments

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
Sweet Fez !!!!! Is your wife (Lady) jealous that she didn't get one ? My wife likes that in the York Rite that I am Companion/Sir Knight Brian and she is Lady Joanne , instead of just known as the wife of a York Rite Mason .

I have been thinking on it and have had a change of heart and if I can come up with the $275 , I just may become a Nobel . Everything in all the different bodies just costs SOOOOO much money to join and keep up with dues in these times !

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Yeah the dues can kill you sometimes. I know a lot of people complain about the Shriners being pushy. But I have found them to be very friendly and family oriented. The parade of units is the only time I really found them to be pushy and that was just a few.