"I don't like you anymore"

johnny

I didn't like these words at all when I heard them last night. My step-son was mad because I wanted him to sit down. I just said "that is ok, you don't have to, but you do have to sit their".

Necktie

Words

Yeah I know the feeling. My son has been experimenting with the use of words and has said things like that to me. He can try to play these emotional games. I just refuse to give in. You have to stand your ground.

Starlight

I guess we all have gone through this some way or another. Fortunately, we know they do love us, and we can take this opportunity to teach them how much words hurt. I have been know to softly tell my daughter how much her words hurt my feelings and she ends up crying as if I had punished her harshly.

Sammy

I have also been in this place but the words were "I hate you" which is a little bit more sting in them. But, I know she loves me and didn't really mean it. I just turned it around and said "I love you too" and she stomped out of the room. It happens and they will come back.

dollar bill

in my life ,ive had the opportunity to be "dad" not necessarly "father". trials, errors, patience and the lack there of is unfortunitly a part of being human.(so ive discovered) if there is love and tolerance in our hearts, and the WILLINGNESS to better ourselves, a day at a time, things will be the way they are supposed to be. as much as i would have liked to.. i could never control his actions, only my re-actions.