I want to go where it's warm .

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
It's getting that time a year again where I start getting the itch to head to Florida . I spent a lot of time down there when my older brothers lived in Ocala and Kissimmee , but we traveled all over the state . The wife and I have wanted to move down there for years but have never been able to pull the trigger on that dream , but it's always there in the back of my mind , like an itch I can't scratch .

Winter will soon be hitting us like a sledge hammer , with the temp. in the single digits , snow flying and the roads icy . And I 'll be inside with Buffett playing on my Ipod , dreaming of my summers and a few winters spent in Florida .

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Well send some of the cold weather down here. It just doesn't "feel" like the Holidays without some cold weather. I was doing yard work yesterday for a few hours and I bet I sweat out about 5 pounds. Not a dry spot on me.

Ashlar2006

Masonic Mafia
LOL ,I know what you mean there . I spent a few Holidays down there and being used to the cold on Thanksgiving day or Christmas morning it did seem odd celebrating in shorts and a t-shirt , but Jan. and Feb. was like heaven in Fla. . We would leave the first of Jan. wearing sweaters , coats and thermal long johns and start stripping layers off the closer we got to our destination .