MM Topic Initiation tomorrow night

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Tomorrow night, my Lodge will be initiating six friends who will soon be brothers. Of them, two are from Brazil and another is a Muslim. I just got back from the bookstore after purchasing a Koran for the altar. I hope the one I got is acceptable as it was the only hard cover version they had. I understand the words of the Prophet should be read in the original Arabic which this book has, but it also has an english translation with commentary.

I must say I'm very excited to see the religious tolerance of Freemasonry in action. It will also be my first degree while sitting as Junior Deacon.

Tomorrow night, my Lodge will be initiating six friends who will soon be brothers. Of them, two are from Brazil and another is a Muslim. I just got back from the bookstore after purchasing a Koran for the altar. I hope the one I got is acceptable as it was the only hard cover version they had. I understand the words of the Prophet should be read in the original Arabic which this book has, but it also has an english translation with commentary.

I must say I'm very excited to see the religious tolerance of Freemasonry in action. It will also be my first degree while sitting as Junior Deacon.
Awesome... we initiated a Brother in early December who is from Brazil too. He is now married to one of our Past Masters, who sat in the East for the degree, daughters. I have been looking for a Brother here that can possibly give his MM OB in Portuguese....

Custer148

Masonic Traveler
That is great, doing 6 initiations at one meeting. I for one want to hear how everthing goes. Keep us posted Windrider.

Have a great time as JD. Perform your duty well.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
That is great, doing 6 initiations at one meeting. I for one want to hear how everthing goes. Keep us posted Windrider.

Have a great time as JD. Perform your duty well.
I will do my best. It was before my time, but I understand the Lodge record is 11 EAs in one evening. Some were courtesy work.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Everything went well and we now have six new brothers. I had been sitting as JD but was installed as SS. I got a call telling me there was a problem with the web site yesterday (I'm also the webmaster) and the officers' page had some errors. I found the latest newsletter and the problem was my good friend and brother Ed had been moved officially to SD and I had been moved to JD. The title is official now, so I guess I did well.

I wish I could share more details, but it was a tyled lodge and well... you know how that goes. If we ever talk privately, ask me about the cool handoff I came up with. Even the old buzzards were impressed :)

I had a maintenance window at 2:00 AM that I had to be part of for a customer, so I didn't care how late we ran. The lodge closed at about 9:45 or so. I closed the place down at 11:15 and was the last one out of the building.

The new brother who was a Muslim thought the Koran was much nicer than the one he brought and was delighted that we had made the effort to get it. the only issue we had was substituting "Holy Scripture" for "Holy Bible" in a few places but there were no complaints. I wanted to smack some of the guys for forgetting that, but I remembered all the times they only pointed out the good things I had done and overlooked the fumbles. Nobody is perfect except the GAOTU.

We had fun and the candidates didn't correct us at all, so it went well :)

jaya

Got to hate it when a candidate corrects you. I would stop right there and ask him how he knew.

Sounds like you had a great night.