Internet

johnny

I do not think the wife or I go a day without getting on the computer and using the internet every single day. We spend a great deal of time on it. How much time do others spend?

sukie

When I wander into the living room in the morning to drink the coffee my husband has prepared, the first thing I do is switch my PC on. I brush my teeth and wash as it's booting up then I'm on it all day apart from short periods where I garden, do housework, play Wii games or other "necessary" activities. I don't come off until it's time to go to bed!

jason

Seanchaí
Staff member
Too much. But is how I make a living. Even with computer repair you may not always have the correct drivers or you may have to research something. It is nice those days that I do not get online, but they are far too rare.

Tom

I also sit at my computer a lot during the day! It is a habit I do not think I will ever be able to break away from. The wife gets a little upset with me when I have been on the computer to long and has to remind me their are more important things than research on the internet (like our kids).

lavins

Too much is like a great example of almost the perfect answer for so many. Right now I spend enough time online that I still learn something new each day but I am not bored when I get online each day.

johnny

Thank you all for your replies. I also feel like I spend too much time on it, but learn new things every day. We are to continue learning our entire lives so I am going to use that as my reason when asked why I spend so much time online, thanks!

Freewilly

I spend several hours a day being online, but that's mostly for work and because of that I don't usually remember to learn new things in this virtual world. Thanks guys for inspiring.

Georgetown

I work online, so typically, 8 hours. My longest work day was 14 hours and I'm NEVER doing that again:eek:. My wife goes on for about an hour a night to check her Facebook.

RickJ

I am on it everyday too. I try to limit my time at night on it. I also don't get on until my kids are settled in and in bed or they are off doing something. I have to check out the sports pages everyday!

intent

A few hours

I spend a few hours each day but I think I should spend a lot less than that. I would love to spend more time offline actually getting my hands dirty.

Necktie

Born with a mouse in your hand

I had not heard the term "Born with a mouse in your hand" until recently. It is something that a friend of mine says about the younger generation who are born in to this age of technology.

StoneH

LOL I love the term, it's sooo me! To get extra income I work online as a freelancer. The more time I spend online to work, the more money I get, so I tend to be online as long as I have time.

iMav

-==-
I work from my home office, so I am typically vpn'ed into the company network all day. (connected via the Internet, but not necessarily using external resources)

I participate in several online forums (as well as run the largest English-speaking keyboard enthusiasts forum on the Internet), so that takes a few hours a day.

I find, however, I spend a lot less time on the Internet then I did a few years ago.

Sammy

I get on the computer a couple times a week to check email or look something up, but other than that I don't use it.

dax

I check my emails daily to see if there are business proposals/responses from agencies that I'm applying to work for. I stay online for about 3-5 hours a day mostly because of work online and trying to maintain my blog site.