Is the lodge I'm joining accepted?

Josh

I have the initiation this Thursday ( finally ), last time I posted on here someone commented about the lodge I was joining and I, not knowing all the details, gave the wrong lodge but corrected myself. I was reading through some other post and how some lodges aren't "accepted" or clandestine, or something of that word? I have no idea if you guys can tell from the lodge # but if you can. Is the Southampton-Radiant Star Lodge No. 806 accepted as a Freemason lodge? And why I'm on here, seems like the closer it gets to Thursday the more nerve wrecking it becomes LOL!

Looks like you are referring to the following: http://srs806.org/ if so, looks very much like they are accepted under the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania, in which case, relax and seek the light, it will be one of if not the most rewarding journey you will ever take!
SMIB

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
The easiest way to tell if a Lodge is mainstream or not, is to Look up the Grand Lodge for the particular state that you reside in. There should only be one GL for each state (not counting Prince Hall).

The GL for that state will have a listing of ALL the Lodges in it's jurisdiction.

arcxjo

Goat Jockey
The easiest way to tell if a Lodge is mainstream or not, is to Look up the Grand Lodge for the particular state that you reside in. There should only be one GL for each state (not counting Prince Hall).

The GL for that state will have a listing of ALL the Lodges in it's jurisdiction.
And in Pennsylvania, that list is accessible at http://lims.pagrandlodge.org/, which again, does list Southampton-Radiant Star Lodge No. 806, so yes, all systems are go.

Josh

Yea, I'll be sure to tell you all how it went. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, being in high school still all my close friends that I've told this about think I'm crazy LOL Its high school, kids are so intertwined with conspiracy theories and all that. I've tried to tell them its all bogus and the Freemasons are not Illuminati or new world leaders and don't worship the devil etc, I'm sure you have all heard them. Honestly, now-a-days after the process of the months I've been inquiring about this I just let them talk now and just have fun with it because I've already realized some people just wont understand LOL. I've learned quickly that not all my close friends or family will understand or support me ( though my mom and dad support me 100% ), but I've also learned that this is something I'm doing for me, not for anyone else to understand. You guys do and that's one of the great things about this site. I'm mature for my age group which is also good because ill meet older, wiser people. I just honestly wish it was over with LOL, the anticipation is killing me. I've said before on here its been YEARS I have been interested because of my uncle telling me things about it, and finally, it being 2 days away, I'm more excited than a kid in a candy store believe me! Anything I should know prior to going into the initiation by any chance?

Duncan1574

Lodge Chaplain & arms dealer
Yea, I'll be sure to tell you all how it went. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, being in high school still all my close friends that I've told this about think I'm crazy LOL Its high school, kids are so intertwined with conspiracy theories and all that. I've tried to tell them its all bogus and the Freemasons are not Illuminati or new world leaders and don't worship the devil etc, I'm sure you have all heard them. Honestly, now-a-days after the process of the months I've been inquiring about this I just let them talk now and just have fun with it because I've already realized some people just wont understand LOL. I've learned quickly that not all my close friends or family will understand or support me ( though my mom and dad support me 100% ), but I've also learned that this is something I'm doing for me, not for anyone else to understand. You guys do and that's one of the great things about this site. I'm mature for my age group which is also good because ill meet older, wiser people. I just honestly wish it was over with LOL, the anticipation is killing me. I've said before on here its been YEARS I have been interested because of my uncle telling me things about it, and finally, it being 2 days away, I'm more excited than a kid in a candy store believe me! Anything I should know prior to going into the initiation by any chance?
Nope. Go, experience, enjoy!

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
I know that you know better, but if I were you, I would have a hard time not messing with my buddies... LOL

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
Josh, last year I was Junior Deacon of my lodge. The JD is in charge of the Candidates when they are outside the lodge room. One man was very nervous and I sat him down and said:

Remember that every man in that room voted to become your friend and brother. You have nothing to fear from us. You will never be harmed or humiliated in any way inside the lodge. The officers have put in many hours of study, memorization and rehearsal to make this an evening you will fondly remember for the rest of your life. Relax, pay attention and enjoy yourself.

2SONDAD

Husband, father, son, Mason.
Josh, last year I was Junior Deacon of my lodge. The JD is in charge of the Candidates when they are outside the lodge room. One man was very nervous and I sat him down and said:

Remember that every man in that room voted to become your friend and brother. You have nothing to fear from us. You will never be harmed or humiliated in any way inside the lodge. The officers have put in many hours of study, memorization and rehearsal to make this an evening you will fondly remember for the rest of your life. Relax, pay attention and enjoy yourself.
I heard a very similar statement made to a candidate last night, right before he was initiated.

It helped ease a lot of tension and I think it should be said to every candidate, at the start of every degree ceremony.

Windrider

Plus-sized tuxedo model
I heard a very similar statement made to a candidate last night, right before he was initiated.

It helped ease a lot of tension and I think it should be said to every candidate, at the start of every degree ceremony.
I make it a point to give that little speech before the first degree now. I make sure they know it is not part of the ceremony.

Josh

Well, a couple more hours left, beyond excited! Ill be sure to come back on here tonight (depending what time I get home) or tomorrow morning and tell everyone how it went!

MWS

Don't worry about reporting back tonight, enjoy the evening (and the afters). We'll hear from you soon enough. Ouch! Forgetting my time zones on vacation, you must be right in the thick of it! I'm smiling and toasting a pint in your direction (and to the east). Looking forward to your report...

Josh

Ok guys, I just got home... I would love to tell you how it went, but I honestly can not find a word to describe it! It was everything I expected and more. My brothers definitely were not lying when they said I would not forget tonight. I'm literally still trying to grasp it all. just wow. Anyone on here reading this coming up to or thinking about becoming a mason, I just wanna say ( me being 18 ) this was one of the nights in my life I will remember forever. I really dont wanna ramble and I know I am but I can not help it LOL. Incredible. That's the word ill give it.

Gary2112

Troll Stomper
Staff member
Congrats Brother! Youll get to really take in more once you get to see the degree as a spectator. If there are any EA degrees in your district being put on in the near future, I highly recommend that you get with your mentor and attend!

Again, congratulations and welcome to the order!

MWS

Congratulations Brother, great news. I always get giddy after an initiation, it brings back great memories.